"Online Connection & Elation" August-December 2023

Hello. Just to let you know, I did receive cards is October. I was just having a very hard month and did not report. I do not need any additional makeup or HUG cards sent. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll edit it!

#26 reporting for December

Today I received these:

#9 @Amalan - a lovely Christmas wreath! I think my favorite Christmas song is jingle bell rock and rockin around the Christmas tree. I love upbeat Christmas songs.

#15 @GraceFamily - a cute Christmas cat. My favorite Christmas movies are the grinch and home alone. We have to watch them each Christmas.

#30 @risabell96 - a beautiful Christmas greenery bouquet. I hope you had a lovely Christmas as well!

Sent- all
To receive: 2, 5, 21

1 Like

Hello Everyone. I hope you all had a fantastic holiday! I have a lot of cards to report today. I just want you all to know this has brought some much needed joy this month and I appreciate each and every card I received this month. I am very thankful for all the smiles they brought.
#3 @MsKoby sent a vintage Santa postcard - I have not checked out Project Feederwatch but I am going to look into it.
#5 @TheMailmansWife sent a beautiful evening winter card with reindeer and a snow covered tree.
#6 @sarabb sent a wonderful clock postcard. I do not get very many clock postcards and I love this one. It is perfect for my collection. Thank you
#8 @JoBo27 sent a purrfectly adorable cat card and we love to watch Christmas movies as well
#10 @TheVintageDarling sent a vintage postcard of holiday bells with some cute owl stickers on the back. I love these vintage cards.
#11 @smsurrena sent a very colorful owl postcard. I love the vibrant colors. Enjoy your mother’s birthday and I hope she has a wonderful celebration! Another super cute owl sticker on the back.
#12 @AllAboutTheBooks sent a postcard with two young barred owls from a nature center - I just love owls, and one looks like it is trying to play peek-a-boo, LOL
#13 @TheNeonHyena sent a postcard of the Osgood Castle in Colorado. I think this counts as a castle! I wonder what, if anything, the private owners have updated on the inside.
#14 @darlindanz sent a vintage holiday card that was already sent to someone with a post mark of 1923! I love the collection of stamps that you used. How do you find these old stamps?
#16 @clandysaws sent a holiday card with a very sweet little girl on it. I hope you had a wonderful holiday.
#17 @Tracy-CO sent a cute Christmas card with ornaments. How many ceramic trees are in your Christmas collection?
#20 @bookendss sent a vintage St. Nick postcard along with a tea sample. I have never heard of this brand of tea and it was delicious! I am going to purchase some for my stash at home.
#22 @Pinksxo sent a cute Merry Christmas postcard. We had Christmas at our house this year and it was so much fun with the grandkids. They are at perfect ages for the magic of Christmas, ages 5,3 and 1.
#23 @LLAcademy sent a postcard with a gorgeous bridge in the evening. It looks like winter in this picture. Along with the postcards were some extra goodies that really made my heart happy. So THANK YOU! My grandmother (from Sweden) did not have to work and she always had “Fika” every afternoon. It was something that she never missed.
#24 @kat4544 sent a snowy owl postcard. I have never seen a Pixie Cold card like this one and I love it. I also like the way the decorate the back of the cards.
#25 @TwoDoggies sent a super cool vintage postcard of the El Cotrez Hotel in Wright City MO. I was not able to find out any information about this hotel. We have friends who live in Wright City. What a cool collections of postcards to have.
#26 @sarahgrab1 sent a cute postcard with pictures of holiday packages. We had Christmas at our house with the grandkids and it was so much fun! Exhausting but in a good way.
#27 @SusanWilson sent a postcard with parrots from Busch Gardens. I am always amazed at bird shows when they are able to do tricks.
#28 @Jaded sent a vintage postcard of a little girl on the phone with Santa. Such a magical time of year for the kids.
#29 @alisonp2022 sent a snail mail postcard with a woman on a snail. I love to read thrillers and suspense.
#30 @risabell96 sent an adorable little snowman postcard. Have a wonderful 2024!

9 Likes

I’m glad it brightened your day! Hoping 2024 brings you even more HAPPY MAIL :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sun_behind_small_cloud:

I would love to send cards to the four in October who did not receive from me - #4 @ReadWithMelissa - #16 @TabithaCO - #20 @jenz88 and #22 @volvomom

1 Like

OK thank you! That will help a ton :slight_smile: We might give them a chance to chime in case they too just got busy (or I missed the report). I have a sneaking suspicion that there’s another RR I owe reports to for October (late Sept or early Nov) myself, I think it hit us all pretty hard in one way or another.

@risabell96 Thanks for my Christmas library card - so cozy! I wish I could transport myself there. Happy New Year!

2 Likes

@LLAcademy @ReadWithMelissa
Got #30 today
Still waiting on 5,21 :slight_smile:

1 Like

#18 hazygirl reporting
#3 @MsKoby sent Stay Wild Moon Child. That’s fun that you celebrate a bit of everything.

2 Likes

Ok, so there’s love, too, but mostly Covid. :mask:

Our whole house is down!

4 Likes

I think I did. Sorry. I don’t need a hug :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: but thanks for the thought.

1 Like

#2 @katiekins sends such a cute santa and reindeer card! I love that the message side is pink and the stamped letters for my name! This card was just full of special little touches! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

#4 @jenz88 - sends this serene winter image in a jar. It looks so peaceful! Double love the puffy hot chocolate sticker on the message side! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

#5 @TheMailmansWife - Thank you for picking such a special card for me! The two little ones remind me of my brother and sister when we were little, so special! I hope you had a great Christmas and thanks for always bringing me to giggles with your tiktoks!

#9 @Amalan - nothing like a cute mug full of something yummy to make you feel all cozy! Weird thing about me…I’m going to buy all the cute mugs, but prefer to use my large starbucks or McDonalds to go cup until it falls apart. I’m so weird…lol. I hope you enjoyed your time in Texas with your family!

#19 @Sherri_B - sends a lovely snowy barn scene. There is a farm right down the road from me that resembles this! Thank you, I love it! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

#25 @TwoDoggies - sends a little cutie doing his bet to keep calm while waiting for Santa…that’s not easy for any of us. You asked how I’ve read so many books? I don’t know, its just happened. I’m a fast reader who doesn’t watch much tv or sleep very well. Hope you had a great Christmas!

#30 @risabell96 - sends a magical mug scene. It gives me the warm and cozies, too! I also love your handwriting! It’s so fun! Hope your Christmas was amazing!

3 Likes

I also received the most special bonus Christmas card from @smsurrena! It makes me so happy, thank you, friend!

And, how about this for small world… I received an official postcrossing card to register from our very own @thetinylibrarian!

5 Likes

Please take me off the list! Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am so glad it arrived! I was very excited when i got your address! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

#11 reporting I received 2 more.

I have received to date:
1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29 and 30.

Still awaiting: 2, 5, 18 and 26.

#9 - @Amalan - Thank you for the cute Santa card. For Christmas I host a brunch at my house and then we exchange gifts.

#21 - @carried_away -,Thanks for the cool card. It was almost 50 degrees here in Christmas, but today is a high of 37.

2 Likes

#8 reporting I received the following:
#5 @TheMailmansWife LOL we have the same taste in cards and music!
#7 @PrincessFlamingo love the plant card!

#8 has received all cards for December with the exception of #9

3 Likes

#18 Received a lovely lantern Christmas card from

@Tracy-CO

3 Likes

For October - Your records are correct I am missing 6, 9, & 11
In case you’re looking at November soon I am missing #13 & 25

1 Like