Nordens Ark meetup Saturday, September 3rd, 2022 11am-4pm

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Nordens Ark, Åby säteri, Hunnebostrand
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Front entrance
:calendar: DATE: September 3rd, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11am-4pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Walk through the park and see some animals, take pictures, have lunch, sit down and write postcards

Hello all! We are a group of Norwegian Postcrossers who have a lovely tradition of visiting Nordens Ark once a year, and the past few times we have made the visit a Postcrossing meetup too. Now it’s been three years :smiling_face_with_tear: since our last visit - for obvious reasons - and we are SO ready to see the Ark again … !! We are 3 Postcrossers and 1 non-Postcrosser who will visit the park on September 3rd - we are driving from Oslo so we will arrive at around 11am. We will stay until the park closes at 4pm. It would be great if some more Postcrossers would like to join us. Please RSVP if you are planning to attend.

Nordens Ark is a not for profit zoological park which only keeps species that are red listed and that belong in the Swedish climate. The enclosures are large and kept as natural as possible, so the animals thrive here. They have a number of exotic species such as Amur tiger, maned wolf, Persian leopard, snow leopard, red panda, Przewalski’s horse and Pallas cat alongside many others. Their facility for reptiles and amphibians, the Wetlands, is currently closed as the whole area is being redone. We will return next year to see the new setup :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The park’s website is here : https://en.nordensark.se/

We will have a meetup card featuring various of the park’s animals, @KAS is working on the design for the card, so keep an eye on this thread.

You can buy food at the park, and they also have excellent facilities for an overnight stay if you are traveling from far away. I’m not entirely sure yet where we will sit down to write postcards as this depends on the weather, among other things. We’ll figure out the details on the day. :slight_smile:

The park has a small gift shop where they sell some postcards among other things, and I have seen on their social media that they have a new collection of cards this year. But be aware that this is a not for profit place so they are nowhere near as commercial as most other zoos (places like Kolmården for instance) so there is much less to potentially buy than you might expect.

We will be walking probably around 5 kilometers at the least so you should be able to walk some distance, but there is no uneven terrain to be traversed, it’s an easy walk. Don’t forget your camera!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hope to see some Swedish (or otherwise) Postcrossers there … ! :blush:

Attendees:
LeishaCamden
KAS
Tanumine
hannaahl
emma010704
baguetta
ScandinavianTraveler
2 non-Postcrossers

1 Like

Looking forward to it :grinning: Anyone who has pictures of animals from previous visits to Nordens Ark that can be used for a meetup card, feel free to email them to me…

Meetup card, note that prices at vistaprint have gone up, so it’ll likely be around 4-5 kr per card, depending on size of our total order. I will let you know. Payment to me by Vipps or cash on the day. UPDATE Aug 29: the cards come to 4.9 kr per card. Round up your final tally.

Orders:
KAS - 20 (98 kr)
Tanumine - 10 (49 kr)
LeishaCamden - 15 (74 kr)
baguetta - 20 (98 kr)
hannaahl - 25 (123 kr)
Sverige - 10 (49 kr)
ScandinavianTraveler - 10 (49 kr)

bold = paid

5 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart:
I am definately coming.
It will be so good to see you again
Thanks for hosting

2 Likes

I and my boyfriend plan to attend as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Whooops, date typo :blush:

Thanks for catching the typo @KAS - I have fixed it :smiley:

I may have some pictures lying around, I will take a look and send you some :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Email sent :hugs:

1 Like

I want to join!

2 Likes

I will join. Never been to Nordens Ark before.

2 Likes

Great, thank you!!

1 Like

The meetup card is one of Tanumine’s tiger photos from a previous visit, see this post for details.

Maybe exchange?

Very nice! :star_struck:

I would like 10 cards, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

15 cards for me, please :smiley:

1 Like

I will have 20 cards, please😊

1 Like

25 cards for me
Thank yo

1 Like

I love to swap

Finally, a vistaprint discount :stuck_out_tongue: I have to order cards by Wednesday, so let me know by then if you want meetup cards and haven’t already ordered them. :smiley:

I woud like 10 please

1 Like