Non-Denonminated USA stamps (A, B, C, etc.)

I received these today as part of an assortment. Has anyone had problems using them (internationally) for additional postage?

Just today I received these for the first time and wondered what it was. Seems you still can use them.

1 Like

Both USPS and UPU rules have allowed these and other non denominated stamps to be used on international mail since the late 1990’s. USPS ignores the “domestic only” part of the stamps that have that inscription.

3 Likes

I use them, they often come in an assortment purchased from a stamp dealer

1 Like

No problems using them, just be sure to check the value so it adds up correctly.

1 Like

What about these? Non profits and the one in the bottom says " Penalty for private use $300".

@shootingstar7 None of these can be used by the general public. The bottom ones definitely not.

1 Like

The “nonprofit” and similar stamps like “presorted first class”, “presorted standard” and others, TECHNICALLY MAY be used by ordinary citizens by permit for single piece (simply regular mailings). Apply for Permit 3615 ( I think). Free of charge. A ton of restrictions apply like you have to mail each card or letter in person and so on.

2 Likes

Thank you, I got them in a freebie bag from ebay. I will discard them so I don’t get confused.

1 Like

The stamps you site can be used on single piece mailings but only for domestic mail. They can’t be used internationally.

1 Like

Ooops my bad. I forgot to mention that part. I don’t use these stamps myself so all I know is what I’ve read in the DMM.

I’d just save them and include them in an envelope to a collector should you draw one!

3 Likes

Please don’t! They are of interest to the collectors (philatelists).

Just keep them separately from stamps used for mail.

1 Like

Or use like a sticker on the back side of an envelope to secure the flap