New Stamps issued in year 2022

Italy’s EUROPA 2022 has been finally announced for october, with two stamps.
Exact value and issue date still to be determined.

3 Likes

Here in Spain the price of the stamps have increased a lot in the last years. The stamps have become an item for collectors not for sending letters because of their high prices. Even the stamps collectors are complaining about it. It is a pity!

Spain july

Deporte

16 Likes

Issued 22 May 2022 - “Tourism Villages”

The villages featured :

16 Likes

Japan post
World of Art series no.4 (August 3)
These are yellow and gold themed.

22 Likes

These came out a couple weeks ago:

NK2078S NK2077S

Personally, I find the Pride one boring and unoriginal, and it really irks me that it’s in English. It’s slanting as a nod to the Norwegian word for queer.

The postal horn series is the oldest running stamp series in the world, and it has tons of denominations. You won’t see this one, as it’s really expensive, but you’ll see many others as make-up postage. Later this year there will be a special stamp commemorating the series as a whole.

16 Likes

winner team of italian A serie (Scudetto) 2021-2022, issued june 30:

Minisheet 200 x 130 mm, self-adhesive.

Each stamp is a B… and sadly it’s the first issued after the recent tariff raise… it’s 1,2€ instead of the former 1,1€ :angry:
Of course, older B stamps retain their value for sending domestic 20g.

8 Likes

This stamp, commemorating Pastor Sir Douglas Nicholls, has been released in Oz today.

That Miniature Sheet look so great. I am worried about the price of slovak stamps, it seems that grows year by year. I have some in my collection.

1 Like

Yes, I’m very disappointed. Sad that Slovak Post makes beautiful stamps, but I can’t use them for postcards because it will be overpaying.

2 Likes

100th Anniversary of Taman Siswa (Educational movement in July 1922 by Ki Hadjar Dewantara).

IMG_20220707_011033

1 Like

How did I miss these?! They are perfect to send from Tavira! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

German stamps in July:

And in August:

29 Likes

From July 2022: (Rail Corridor, Singapore)

18 Likes

Count Menyhért Lónyay was born 200 years ago

Menyhért Count Lónyay (1822 – 1884) was a Hungarian politician who served as Prime Minister of Hungary from 1871 to 1872.

2022_Lonyay200

1 Like

Hello again Dear Postcrossers

Today July 13th is available the new minisheet in Costa Rica: about Musicians. We like the stamps so much however one more time we cant use them to postcards, incredible. We are going to use them in envelopes. The matasellos or postmark is very interesting.

Our album about Costa Rican stamps here, ohhh we are not stamp collectors.

Aloy and Edu

5 Likes

Cyprus Postal services issued three stamps last Monday (11.07.2022) Below you can read the text that the services shared on their website about the stories behind the stamps. I also share a photograph of the stamps and the FDC

Maritime Link Between Cyprus - Greece

After 21 years, the maritime passenger connection between Cyprus and Greece is becoming a reality in view of the fact that the first voyage of M/V Daleela will take place on the 19th of June 2022 from the port of Limassol, thus inaugurating the new service, which was a goal that was set by the Ministry of Shipping in the context of 35 actions regarding the Cyprus Shipping Industry. We set sail for Piraeus and the rest of Europe! Our fellow citizens, persons who are afraid to fly, students, disabled persons, those who would like to travel to Greece by car, motorcycle or bicycle as well as all Cyprus citizens, will now be able to use an alternative means of connection and travel to Greece by sea! Furthermore, we are strengthening Cyprus’ maritime tourism by attracting persons from Greece to Cyprus as well European citizens on a wider scale. This is a project with added value which aims at cultivating a culture of civil society, especially for young persons, so that they can fall in love with the sea even more, so that they can get closer to ships, get to know about shipping, obtain experience in maritime transport and enjoy the benefits of this Service! A Strong Shipping Industry means a Stronger Cyprus!

20 years Office of the Commissioner for Electronic Communications and Postal Regulation

This year marks the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the Office of the Commissioner for the Electronic Communications and Postal Regulation (OCECPR), which operates as an Independent Service since its establishment in 2002.

The mission of the OCECPR is to promote the interests of consumers in terms of pricing, the availability of choice, the promotion of innovation and the development of the economy through the development of efficient competition, the control of the quality of services offered and the guarantee of the provision of a minimum set of Universal Services, both in the Electronic Communications market as well as in the Postal Services market

EUROMED 2022 – Antique cities of the Mediterranean

For the ninth consecutive year, the Member States of the Euromed Postal Union for the Mediterranean are issuing a stamp with a common theme, and this year’s theme is “Antique cities of the Mediterranean”. Cyprus’ stamp depicts the monumental stone vase of the Ancient city of Amathunta.

Amathunta was founded circa 1050 B.C. at the south coast of Cyprus. In ancient times, it was one of the most important cities-kingdoms. Its geographical location, its rich hinterland and its port, helped it prosper and develop trade relations beyond Cyprus. Two monumental stone vases had been placed during the 7th century BC on the acropolis of Amathunta, outside the temple of Aphrodite of Amathunta. One vase was transferred to the Louvre Museum in 1865, while its broken counterpart is at its place at the top of the acropolis of Amathunta.

If you are interested to add the stamps or the covers in your collection just click here for a swap:
https://community.postcrossing.com/t/travelling-stamps-series-2/385186

19 Likes

Royal Mail :uk: special stamps commemorating the BIRMINGHAM 2022 COMMONWEALTH GAMES. Available from 28th July 2022.

23 Likes

Chinese seal cutting

5 Likes

Do those seals have a special historical significance? They look so interesting.