New Stamps issued in 2021

uhm… is noncommercial usage okay?
…asking for a friend. cough https://mettetron.shinyapps.io/PostBlocked/ cough

4 Likes

LOL! This is more than okay — indeed, it’s lovely! :heart_eyes: I’ve been keeping a loose eye on your project, and I’m impressed with your work and how accommodating you’ve been with all the requests pouring in. Well done!

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to using the new flowers, Brush Rabbit,
lighthouses and coffee stamps, in particular.

2 Likes

Wow, I really love those Hong Kong local snacks ones! Want

2 Likes

Stamps draft for the year 2021

11 Likes

The Día de Muertos stamps. :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

@TheBeaverFamily. I’m excited for Dia de los Muertos too. I’m saving up now so I can buy several books?/sheets? I have a feeling they may sell out fast! Luckily the first class rate/forever rate will stay the same for the second year in a row. 55 cents since 2019

I’ve been buying postcards with sugar skulls on them and those will be a great accompaniment. They’re black with a sugar skull (called a Calavera in Mexico) and they say California. I’ve also bought myself a Virgin of Guadalupe rubber stamp to make it even more “Mexican” inspired. (Dia de los Muertos has a slight religious connotation to it). I’m from San Diego. We have a big Mexican American community through out the state and the Southwest.

They will also work great for postcards with Disney/Pixar’s Coco movie on it. They exist on Zazzle but there out there somewhere.emphasized text

1 Like

I have got more information now! These stamps will be issued on 14th January.
The nature themed series is called “Värdefull natur” (precious nature). It shows Swedish nature, and is issued in honor of the nature and the work for saving the nature and environment. The Europa stamp with toad (European green toad, not much of them left in Sweden) is also part of this series. It will apparently be issued as self-adhesive stamp in simple sheet instead of as a mini-sheet like Swedish Europa stamps have been previously issued.

Gothenburg stamps are indeed issued for Gothenburg’s 400th anniversary celebration. Stamps have got their looks from a project where people in Gothenburg were asked about the places and locations in the city.

2 Likes

I’m a Spanish teacher, and we just watched Coco in our classes a few weeks ago. :slight_smile: Do you have any of these stamps featuring papel picado? I managed to snag one at face value on USPS’s eBay a few months ago.

Or maybe it was this one, featuring Hispanic dishes…regardless, I bought both and they’re so great. :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/Delicioso-USPS-one-ounce-Forever-Traditional/dp/B071L681V8/

Anyway…back to 2021 stamp talk. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats an impressive feat getting Colorful Celebrations (paper picado) at face value now. They’re ridiculously overpriced now with stamp dealers. I bought Delicioso stamps right before they were taken off the eBay site. They were to be sold up until Sept 30 then any unsold inventories were to be gathered up and scheduled for destruction.

Anyways stamps 2021 talk.

Espresso drinks could work for Seattle cards (because you know, Starbucks or Seattle’s Best Coffee).

Mystery Message can be rearranged to spell something out. Unless you don’t mind over paying. And put them lower so the spray cancel won’t make them unreadable. I usually put two 5cents above the forever stamps.
Example: The killer bars will pass over the grapes. And the rest of the cancel will be letters. The stamps below will be left unmarked.

Missouri statehood is good with Missouri cards.

Happy Birthday is good for birthday cards and envelopes and any anniversary date.

Raven Story is good for themes of the Pacific Northwest US cards and Southeastern Alaska where the cultures originate.

5 Likes

@TheBeaverFamily
Regarding the day of the dead stamps, it’ll be interesting to see which city is the first day of issue. I hope its somewhere in San Diego. Maybe San Ysidro, CA 92173 next to the Mexican border. But I have a feeling it maybe a Texas city or maybe Los Angeles CA 90012 near the old Pueblo or something.

I plan on getting some FDOI postmarks on some postcards. And maybe do some lotteries.

1 Like

I think it’ll be nice to incorporate the heritage breed stamps with the barn stamps. Just saying.

1 Like

I want all of these how are they all so pretty

I think the Mystery Message stamp is all on one stamp, so can’t rearrange.

I think you’re right @TheBeaverFamily. I didn’t even e n notice

Japan Post
Natural Landscapes (January 12, 2021)

(From top left to bottom right) 1. Mt.Fuji 2.Castle in a sea of clouds 3. Cherry blossoms 4. Baby Blue Eye flower garden 5. snow rimes 6.Limestone cave 7.Whale blow 8. Rural Tokyo in snow 9.Path on a low tide 10. Lion-looking rock and the sun rise

46 Likes

Lots of US 2021 stamps were announced this week. Some of them are really cute!

2 Likes

The image is not very large, but you get an impression of Belarus’ Year of the Ox stamp.

12 Likes

I just realized why this stamp was doubly interesting.
You could use this for a Transformers theme!

9 Likes

That is an amazing thng to see people who also give importance to stamps they use on the cards and letters they send. My favourites among your list Prince are:

Lunar New Year: Year of the Ox
Chien-Shiung Wu

Barns

Day of the Dead

Mid-Atlantic Lighthouses

Espresso Drinks