Need help about Postcrossing? Ask here!

Searched the forum and still can’t find the answer to your question? Just reply to this topic, and someone will help you out! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s nice of you, but unfortunately against the rules. Please contact the admins and explain your problem. Then you will find a solution.

Stay healthy :four_leaf_clover: :+1:

5 Likes

Short answer, it may still show. But you need to be both quick as well as very lucky. :sweat_smile:

The 6 recent postcards in the homepage are a somewhat random selection among the last 10 to 20 or so last registered postcards, that currently have an image. So if the postcard didn’t have an image and it was added (or replaced) shortly after being registered, it may still show up there, depending and how fast other postcards are being registered.

That said, it mostly depends on luck as a) it’s a random selection from a range and b) we only refresh that section every 5 minutes as it’s cached. So trying to deliberately get something to show in there is hard. The best way to see the most recent postcards is always the gallery.

4 Likes

Hi All,

I put a return address on my postcards so they are sent back to me if something goes wrong. What do folks do when that happens - send a new one? contact the person it was to go to?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’d check if the address is correct, and then send the postcard to them in an envelope.

I re-mail the returned card in an envelope, after sending them a message to double-check the address is right.

I know it kind of reduces the surprise of where a card is coming from… but, really, “oh wow - how exciting and rare to get a card from a woman in the US” - said no one, ever. (…yes, that was an attempt at humor, but knowing that the US and Germany account for a lot of sent & received cards, I try to at least make sure it’s as awesome a card as possible!)

Thanks for the explanation! :smiley:

I received this beautiful postcard today, but I can’t identify who it’s from.

image showing the backside of the card removed by moderator
Please read about that in the Community Guidelines:

Keep private information private.
The addresses given to you are private information and can only be used for Postcrossing purposes. Do not share them with anyone or make them public on the internet. This also applies to what is written on the postcards you have received, so please do not scan it.

3 Likes

Here is a link to the form to get help in identifying a postcard that has no postcard ID#.

I have had good luck with this.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Stamps] UK stamps, prices, Royal Mail & Post Office matters

The recipient has since corrected the error on their end, but the card is still showing as one of my “SENT” cards. I’m sure there is a simple fix that I’m just not seeing. Any suggestions?

To be clear, I did not send the original card.

Hello @Brightinth3Blight
Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, sometimes it can happen that the wrong card is registered for a similar number if both IDs are sent to the same recipient and this cannot be cancelled either .

You can easily solve the problem by sending the overdue card to the recipient, who can then inform you by postcossing message when the card has arrived.

May I ask why you haven’t sent the card ?

So the user got a card not sent by me and entered an ID erroneously which by coincidence was one of my assigned IDs. That user then favorited the card, which prompted me to contact them and ask them to check the ID again. They did so, crediting the true sender. My question was about how to strike the card from my “SENT” list. Not a huge deal, but it doesn’t sound like I can… :slight_smile:

Love PostCrossing!

Hi! Yep, indeed, you can’t undo the registration of a card. You must also have been sending a postcard to this member, otherwise it wouldn’t have been possible for it to be registered. So once the card you’re meant to send arrives, then the member can let you know it has arrived, but it can’t be registered again.

No, you cannot remove the card from your sent list - that is not possible.
But you have to write the card anyway, which of course cannot be registered a second time.

Thanks all!

This person seems to have used washi tape to ‘trick’ Deutsche Post into thinking there was a stamp? Maybe I am wrong and it is valid. If it is a case of deliberately not adding any postage, am I required to register it?

1 Like

I think you will have to fill out the help form on the main page and ask. Could there have been a stamp over the washi tape that fell off before it was postmarked?

1 Like