Need help about Postcrossing? Ask here!

Searched the forum and still can’t find the answer to your question? Just reply to this topic, and someone will help you out! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well — I played detective and took a closer look at the card and the postmarks.

From what it looks like, it was even postmarked twice: once at a post office (the lower one right next to the Priority label in the town of Weil der … (probably Weil der Stadt) and another time at a sorting center (that’s the faded wavy line postmark).

From what it looks like, there must’ve been a stamp on the card as the ink impressions of both postmarks suddenly end like this (marked with the green line):

…and this space perfectly matches with the size of our old flower definitive stamps.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s quite unlikely that a card without any stamps successfully passed both through manual inspection at a post office counter AND a sorting center and would’ve been caught by Deutsche Post at some point — so I guess this is no case of postal fraud.

I guess @Angelthecat is right: the glue on our stamps doesn’t stick properly onto washi tapes, so it must have fallen off somewhere on the card’s journey after it got postmarked.

I would probably just register the card in this case — but as @Bille suggested, you could also contact support.

5 Likes

Hi all! I’m new. I don’t quite understand the part about uploading the photo of a postcard. Do I upload when receive only? Or sender also uploads, if so- where and when?

1 Like

You can upload photos of postcards you send; but only as long as it’s travelling. As soon as it’s registered, only the receiver can upload a photo. You can also upload photos of postcards you’ve received. Some do both, some do only one of two, some do none. It’s up to you which ones to upload.

On the page with the address and ID, you can find an upload button.
And on the list of travelling cards, there’s also a symbol under “image”/“img”, a green circle with a plus inside it. If you click on that, you can upload a photo.

1 Like

Thank you! I figured it out!

Here’s a new one, to me at least!

On January 14th 2024 I received an address in Belarus to send GB-1721418. Of course it has not been registered and has expired. However, the user has changed their username recently. So my question is: can a user register a postcard that was sent to them with a different username?

Short answer: Yes, of course - the ID is linked to the account, not to the user name.

Thank you! :smiley:

Hi! :slight_smile:
I draw an adress of a member, who is looking for very specific cards and I am so happy to have two of them! :smiley:
I would love to send both of them to the member, but since it would be too expensive and confusing to send them seperatly, I would send them in an envelope. But the member clearly stated out: “NO ENVELOPES!” :frowning:
Since I have come to a point, where I have too much blank postcards (I live in a very small space), some of my card would go anyway (on flea markets or like this), but being able to send some of them is so nice!
So; what should I do? Send both in an envelope? Or only send one of them?

I would send one.

For me personally, I really only like cards written and stamped. Getting two in an envelope, no matter how much they might both be to my taste, would just not be satisfying. It sounds like this person may feel the same.

You could check out this tag, which alternates 3 cards in an envelope for one written and stamped. I started this tag a few years ago in the old forum, because I was in the same position you are - too many blank cards and wanting to reduce them without having to send them one at a time.

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/1-written-card-from-wishlist-3-blank-cards-from-wishlist-in-an-envelope-tag/23369

1 Like

I received a nice postcard from someone and I wanted to read their profile, and maybe send a follow-up message, but it says “account suspended”. What does this mean and why does it happen? Thank you to anyone who has any information! :smiley:

2 Likes

The support may be able to answer your question:

Maybe thete were some issues with that user.

If an account is suspended, then there is a problem to solve. There can be various reasons for this. However, Support will not tell you the reason in your case.
If a user does not respond to enquiries from support regarding a problem, it is possible that an account will be suspended and when everything is resolved, it will be reopened.

Reasons can be e.g.: too many expired cards, too many cards that do not reach this user or unacceptable comments in the profile, but also several others.

2 Likes

Danke! :smiley:

Danke Bille! :blush:

Today I had a card registered by the PostCrossing team of a card sent 354 days ago! I had sent out a second card to this user after about 100 days as they were still active. After that was never registered I just gave up on that one.

Not only was my card automatically registered it seems, but looking at the users profile over 400 more cards were registed by them today! How does something like this happen?

1 Like

I have moved your question here, as it does not make sense to open a topic about it.
There may be various reasons why cards are automatically registered by postcrossing.
You can read about it here :arrow_right: Automatic Registering of Cards

We can only speculate as to why all these cards did not reach the recipient.
However, as it is clear who the user is, this would be inappropriate.
The best thing to do would be to ask her yourself.

How to find the sender of the postcard!
There is only the recipient’s ID address!
they wanted to throw out postcards at the post office, but they pass according to the tariff, but illiterate postmen convinced the opposite. I decided to pick up and find the sender so that the postcards would reach and warn the person about such a situation!

Как найти отправителя открытки !
есть только ID адрес получателя!
на почте хотели выкинуть открытки, но по тарифу они проходят, но неграмотные почтальоны убеждали обратное. Я решила забрать и найти отправителя, чтобы открытки дошли и предупредить человека о такой ситуации!

1 Like

If there is card id number too, postcrossing can find the sender.
Maybe also you can show them a photo of these and ask help here:

Hopefully it will be found out.
(You are so kind trying to solve this!)