National Postcard Week 2021

DID YOU KNOW???

The first full week of May in the U.S. is National Postcard Week (NPCW).

The annual event started back in 1984 as a way to promote the use of postcards. To celebrate the occasion, postcard clubs and deltiologists print commemorative postcards to be swapped with others. 2021 is the 38th annual NPCW.

Below is the card I designed for this year’s NPCW. And yes, that’s me on the card.

22 Likes

No, I didn’t know! Thanks for sharing!

And yes, I would like to get one card.
What do you want in exchange?

1 Like

Cool :slightly_smiling_face::+1:
I am also interested in a card swap. :grinning:

DM me your address. No swap required. Just happy to promote deltiology!

I did not know about National Postcard Week.
Thanks for sharing this information.
What a great postcard :grin:

I also didn’t know about the US postcard week, thanks for sharing this with us!
(Musing whether we have one in Germany… If not, why? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

If still possible, I would like to receive your postcard. PM sent. Thank you! :hugs:

Hello. a very interesting idea is the week of postcards. if possible and I would like to receive a postcard.

If your not part of Demaris massive swap
I would to swap
If you are we are already swapping

Also anyone else wants to swap National postcard week lmk

Sure that card is so fun. I would love to teach my students about it.

Super cool BrainofJosh!!

First the announcement and second the postcard made by you.

Bam💥

You bet I’d like a postcard from you. If I can mail one back​:upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

Deltiology, quite few knows what that is about in Norway. I wonder though, if there is a “world deltiology society”? The word appeared in America in 1950+. Its derived from greek and ancient times “writing on …” Don`t know the word for object in Engslish. I am a bit into “study of postcards = deltiology”, and using postcards as basis in articles. Can give an example if you like, but will have to be sent to private mail. I will love to have the card. Will DM you

Gladly. PM your address.

Will do! PM your address.

Had no idea - thanks for letting me know. Would like a card if I may. :innocent:

Ok, wow. I did not know this either ! Iwould love a card! I will pm my address if you have any left. Thank you!

I still got some. PM me your address.

Sure thing. PM your address.

Bikinies and weennies in the background :smile:

I also want to receive such a postcard. Do you still have them? :slightly_smiling_face: