Much more sent cards than received

Which country and city?
Maybe she is living in a land far far away where mailman only comes once in 2 months :sweat_smile:
Maybe her address is wrong :man_shrugging:
Maybe she uses her school address or her office address while she is now learning or working from home.
Maybe she uses her home address while she is working somewhere else and only comeback home once a month.
There are so many possibilities.

Did she log in recently? If not, looks like she is already giving up.

6 Likes

Worst case is that she was run over by a car the very day she was on her way home to find her first received postcrossing cards in her mail box… Shit happens! Also to postcrossers :confused:

6 Likes

I doubt it’s my post office’s fault, all my previous postcards have always arrived. The fact that she hasn’t received a single postcard makes it more likely that it’s her post office’s fault. The card is going to Siberia. My postcards to Russia usually take a long time to arrive, but it never took them more than 60 days.

1 Like

The postcard is traveling to Siberia, she logged in 13 days ago, I hope she didn’t give up :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

More than 60 days to Russia is not unusual, so there is hope there.

However… When it happened to me, it was someone who changed address right after joining, without going inactive or anything, so her first 12-15 (I forgot exactly) cards were lost, including mine. I’m still bitter about it because it doesn’t seem very logical to join a send/receive community and not wonder how you will receive when your address changes. Unless it was a sudden situation, I guess.
I do wonder if that member is still around but I don’t remember the username.

5 Likes

Me too. Just be patient and wait😂

2 Likes

I think it is possible. I was living in Norway a few years ago, and made a swap on the forum with someone in Siberia. I made swaps with her before, they usually take about 2 weeks-2 months to reach her, but this one time it took 6 month!!! I received her package in about a month, so I assumed she got mine around the same time but didn’t message me. I was so shocked when she told me she got my mail after half a year.

9 Likes

I have 6 cards travelling for more than 60 days. I am from India. I have noticed that cards posted from here takes about 2 and half months to 3 months to reach their destination. So there is hope🤞

5 Likes

(I thought you can’t get the address only in Chinese. Sounds weird, because not everyone can print the address, or write Chinese.)

Also I believe there was something about this earlier, that the sender country doesn’t need to know the city, they only send to country.

So I don’t believe the address in Chinese causes any trouble. Sometimes the mail just is slow.

4 Likes

It sounds strange that the address has no English version, usually it wouldn’t get approved by the team (as far as I know)
By the way sending a skeleton card is totally fine, I guess it got expired for a normal reason, stuck at some point (it happens) or lost (I hope not!)

6 Likes

It is normal that some shipments take 60 days and more 90 days to arrive.
It depends from Spain to Japan it may take many days to arrive.
The same happens when mails arriving in Russia.
Be patient and it will come to you soon.

1 Like

Postal service’s aren’t perfect and the initial wait can be daunting! I remember I sent my first batch of postcards and had to wait about 2 months before getting my first postcard! It’s also about the timing, COVID has hit many countries trades and postal services as borders open and close and flights / ships resume!

5 Likes

Forgive me for barging in, but what the hell man :man_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

I am still such a person)
but I managed to send only 6 postcards.
either the account has stopped working, or the person lives in Russia, where the mail is pretty lousy(

2 Likes

Why did I send five postcards in the summer, and I received only four?

1 Like

@AminaWerner It’s still traveling to you or it is lost… Have you sent more than those 5 cards?

3 Likes

I can answer as someone who does it. I only enjoy sending most of time. So, it’s on travel mode. Maybe one day I will activate receive. And then someone will question as this topic :slight_smile: But maybe each case is different, so I hope she register your card soon!

4 Likes

You will be getting the one. If it’s lost or expired (travelled more than 60 days) someone new will be given your address, so it can take time. And you can end up getting both the expired (with long travelling time) and the new try, so can eventually get more than you sent (it’s ok).

4 Likes

No, that would be weird… Your address will be given to someone only when you send a card and it gets registered. Or has this rule been changed at some point, I don’t know about that…

2 Likes

Most people in UK have their post redirected for several months even a year or more. Its a good scheme. Does anyone else have this ?

1 Like