Much more sent cards than received

I was very surprised when I received it myself! moreover, in one of the Russian communities, I saw that someone else received a postcard from this country! There are too many coincidences in my life​:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

4 Likes

Update:
She received two postcards yesterday!

7 Likes

I’m sending a postcard to a postcrosser and that person’s send and received postcards are odd.
I haven’t seen like that before so I want to know why.
Do you think it’s a bug?
Or just expired?

Thanks for responding.

1 Like

Maybe the Postcrosser had their account set to inactive for a while. They could still send, but would not receive cards.

5 Likes

I see.
Thank you so much :blush:

1 Like

I have opposite. My first sent postcard was registered in Mid October. But I am yet to receive any postcard. I have sent around 12 postcards already. How do I know if anyone has even sent me a postcard yet?

3 Likes

Hi Praxi! Welcome to Postcrossing and the forum!

It can take quite a while for cards to start trickling in, which I know is frustrating. Once your address is in the system (and with 13 sent it definitely is!) it’ll be drawn approximately once per registered card. Some of them should be arriving to you pretty soon, but depending on where they’re coming from the Christmas and new year’s holidays can cause quite the delays. It’s not possible to know for certain what cards are coming from where, as it’s meant to be a surprise, but rest assured they’re on their way.

Hopefully it won’t be too much longer! If you feel like sending more cards, I’d recommend checking in the geographic areas of the forum to see if there are tags, lotteries, or swaps with people a little closer to home that can get some cards in your mailbox :slight_smile:

There’s a topic here where you can read a bit about it!

3 Likes

I also get the impression that post to/from India is difficult at the moment. (For much the same reasons that much post is slow throughout the world, because of Covid.) I remember post from/to India was discussed in a thread recently, but I can’t remember which one. It might be worth your while asking the same question in the India part of the forum. I expect there are people there who have had similar experiences, and can reassure you.

Also, I know it’s obvious, but have you checked that your address that people are sending to is written down correctly?

4 Likes

The postcard was registered by postcrossing today. I guess she changed her address, maybe when the postcard actually arrives someone will forward it to her.

1 Like

I registered all the postcards that were in my mailbox, but I received 5 postcards and sent 14. It’s pretty sad for a beginner postcrosser (

5 Likes

They’re on their way to you, never fear.

You should have received six by now, looking at when your outgoing postcards were registered. These would be the postcards sent to you during the autumn.

You will also have been sent those owing to you when your postcards were registered on the 24th December and later. All post has been slow during this last month because of Christmas and New Year holidays, and of course, the pandemic. Hopefully, you will have lots of happy mail in your postbox soon.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,I am new on Postcrossing (since September 20th) and I have sent 20 postcards so far but I only received 7… and I have also 7 more travelling.
So I send a lot more than I receive .
The more you send the more you receive is not really true for me .

3 Likes

The cards are on their way to you. From some places it takes a long time to travel.
I too have now 14 more sent, but sometimes I have more received than sent, and sometimes it’s even. This changes.

3 Likes

You just have to be patient, even though it’s really hard :grin:

Your address doesn’t go in the pool until the day your sent card is registered by the recipient, so looking at the dates your sent cards were registered on, only 9 were long enough ago that an international card would have likely made the journey to you since. That would be the 7 you have received, plus 2 more that haven’t quite made it yet. Looking on the bright side, maybe those two are taking a bit longer because they are traveling from some place far away and exotic :smiley:

As for your 11 cards that have been registered in just the last month, it’s not at all unusual these days for international mail to the US to take over a month, even if it’s coming from western Europe. Don’t worry, they are surely on their way.

3 Likes

Yes I have to be patient I know that! I usually send postcards quickly , the day or the day after I get the addresses so it is frustrating not to receive as many cards too,even though I love to send cards . I think cards are going faster from the US to the rest of the world because usually my postcards arrive in 10/15 days ,maybe that’s why…it takes longer in the opposite direction.
But I should receive 2 today! ( I have seen that on USPS) Yeahh! 2 on the same day ,it is a record lol ,so I can’t wait to see them in my letterbox :smile:

3 Likes

Hello, I am new here and have a question if someone could help:

I am a member for 42 days now. I have sent 10 postcards and 6 more are travelling. And I have received only one (1), on November 7th.
My 5th card was registered on October 31st as received. And it’s November 21 today. I keep on looking at my mailbox everyday.

How does it work - is your address shared after you send a certain amount of cards? Is it the case that, for every sent card you expect to receive another yourself, or the number of the times your address is shared is random?

Is my Post Office to be blamed? Do they deliver my cards to a non-caring neighbour instead of me? Should I contact them asking or would they think I’m a weirdo (since I have no idea who sent the card in order to ask for details) and then throw all the next postcards at the bin, “oops, sorry, it seems it’s lost”.

Thanks for your time to read this, even more thanks if you would reply and solve the mystery…
Maria

2 Likes

Hi @Maria-K Welcome to the forum.
I moved your question to this topic because we just recently talked about your problem.
Please look to the post of @SosoFrench some posts above and the answers.
And I’m sure you will get some answers especially for you.

1 Like

Thank you, I missed this already rich topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello,
I finally have the same amount of cards received and cards sent ,32 and 32,after 3 months of Postcrossing. It took a long time but finally happened! and then 8 travelling.

3 Likes

Today I received 2 postcards so now I have 2 more received than sent. But one of my sent Postcard expired yesterday , itwas the 1st Time for me.

2 Likes