Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Hi y’all November RR cards sent today :smiley:

1 Like

I have sent my cards for November. Enjoy!

Also I am happy to join December!

1 Like

Thanks Alexander for beautiful Niagara on the lake card. : )

1 Like

Thanks Crystal (farmgirll) for the very appropriate for this week Vimy card. Did you send it in a bag, or did the post office add it? The flower on the back survived the journey!

1 Like

Oh I am glad the card arrived. I put it in a plastic shield so it would survive the trip!!!
Lest we forget- Stay well Crystal

2- truenorth_49: Thanks to Crystal (3- @farmgirll ) for a beautiful Vimy card with a poppy in the back (amazing!) and also Josée (1- @Stinkypaw ) for a lovely Veterans card. My husband’s grandfather and great-grandfather were WWII and WWI veterans, respectively, so both cards were very meaningful.

Crystal, how are you doing with the new measures, will they affect you in any way? I’m working from home 3 days a week but I wonder if they’ll have us just switch to 100% remote.

Josée, how is the lockdown going for you over there in QC? Here it won’t change much for us, other than making Christmas shopping a bit more challenging.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed the card @truenorth_49 - actually watched “Passchendaele” (the movie) tonight (love story from the 1st war… sort of…) and to be honest, the whole pandemic hasn’t changed much for me, was already mostly working from home, except that hubby is ALWAYS home now… :exploding_head: Less social life, and Christmas should be quiet for sure… Stay safe!

1 Like

Received a cute pair of ballerinas from @garvey - thank you!

A not only a nice Granada card from @evank, but also a birthday card - thank you for that Evan, very kind of you! We had lots of kids (like a regular year, really), over 200 bags that I made and none were left!

@Stinkypaw you are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Great mix of cards received today - 4 in total!! A colorful Ontario fall special from Bert, 150th Manitoba anniversary from Val, goats on a steep mountain from Jason and a lovely Hawaiian sunset from Alexander. Thank you all, they’re fantastic!

3 Likes

As usual my post office only likes sorting the mail they get every few days. :roll_eyes:
How does four cards show up all at once from different places on the same day.
Can’t complain… they might flag my mailbox and take longer to fill it. haha!!

On to a happier note…
Thank you Josee for the writing and the historical card. We have been to Quebec a few times
on our way to PEI.

Thank you Alexander for sending a card that is as old as I am. lol
It is very colourful.

Thank you Jason for the vintage BW card. We would love to visit Papineau Manor some day.

Thank you Crystal for lovely card. Amazing thought and care you put into sending us one is greatly
appreciated. Yes… it is nice to have over 20 degree weather for November.

1 Like

Re: From Bert and Nikki - a vintage horse cartoon postcard. Cute cute haha… and a wee bit " naughty" love it.
Sometimes certain cards are meant for certain people. lol
Nikki and I were at an Antique market and I bought a few cartoon cards that we found funny. Didn’t plan on sending you this one till we saw your profile and your love for horses. :rofl:

1 Like

I would like to join the December RR

2 Likes

I would like to join the December group.

2 Likes

3- truenorth_49:

Got two awesome cards today!

• Thank you to Jason (2- @JasonDavid) for a view I had never seen of the Parliament. That’s awesome that your daughter attended the climate rally; I attended it at the Manitoba legislature here. Indeed, it feels like it was so long ago. I saw the video you posted above of the Thriller reenactment, amazing! What a fun idea :slight_smile:
  • Thank you to Alexander (6- @garvey) for a painting of Munch. If you can believe it, this is the first Munch art postcard I’ve ever received! And I love that it’s one of his lesser-known works, I wish they had more products of these. So beautiful!
1 Like

Received a beautiful art card from @JasonDavid
Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for the Amsterdam card Evan. Im glad you got away in Feb!!!
Have a good weekend. Crystal

1 Like

I also received a beautiful art card - Portuguese cathedral art - today, from @garvey - love it, thanks Alexander!

1 Like

I’ll join for December.

2 Likes

@farmgirll looks like I’ve mailed you two cards this month by mistake, so keep your eye out for another!

I’m mailing 3 cards out tonight to complete the month.

One card in the mail today and it’s bubble art from @truenorth_49 … I’ll have to give Toshi sushi another chance, it has been a few years! I appreciate tea but not coffee, though I do love a good Jj bean muffin a couple times a week!! :-). Thank you for this nice card!!

3 Likes

If you like tea, I recommend O5 Rare Tea! The owner is the son of my dad’s friend, although I’ve only met him once (and have never met his dad, lol). However, I’ve bought their tea a few times and it’s amazing.