Monthly RR - CANADIAN EDITION

Received a wonderful bundle from @evank yesterday - wow!
I loved the greeting card envelope - great idea! (and such mystery as to the contents, haha)
Inside were THREE lovely cards - Gastown’s steam clock (which I’ve sent a number of and always wanted in my collection), A house, and An unwritten forest/waterfall!
Thank you so much Evan!
Feb was actually pretty slow for me, and an emotional roller coaster (pretty early on I said I’d take all of 2020 again over Feb 2021). Certainly strange weather-wise, though!
I hope you find a place you love and that your move goes well! I’ve always lived in my city (except for a brief stint in Burnaby when I was born. Obviously I don’t remember that). My childhood home was about 5 mins away (by car, longer by foot) away from my current house.

1 Like

Sorry for reporting this February cards late. Some mix up with the post office.
Here are cards I received for FEB:

@Nique My dad is from Gander and have always said New Fin-land. :slight_smile:

@keelan If only the black hole is enough to cover my laundry basket :rofl:

2 Likes

March: truenorth_49 received:

• @farmgirll wonderful art from Costa Rica! I had never seen something like this, it’s so colourful! Thank you. I would love to meet up once this is all over, fingers crossed it will be very soon!
  • @Stinkypaw beautiful Indigenous art, thank you! Love the stickers and the stamps as well. Hope all is well in Québec - like Crystal said, here in MB we’re having some beautiful, warm days.
1 Like

@MailingLlama, if my list is correct, for FEB, you are still missing a card from Evank and Kanada 123, correct?

Thank you for the adorable hummingbird card @Stinkypaw ! Will be sending out my March cards today & tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m organizing an Open Easter Virtual Meet in April, check it out if you’re interested, and PLEASE do read the details so that the deadlines are respected.

Thanks and hope to see you!

1 Like

My March cards were mailed yesterday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Received today a great card of St. Peter’s Square in Rome from @anon73391640, thanks Kai for this excellent addition to my UNESCO collection and the beautiful Arctic fox stamp, too! I have tossed a coin into Trevi Fountain in Rome, but didn’t make it to St. Peter’s.
I mailed the last of my March cards today.

2 Likes

I received my first 2 cards today:

@Stinkypaw sent a great fact-filled card about Montreal.

@truenorth_49 sent a view of the Mint from my favorites. I didn’t see Bohemian Rhapsody - I’ve always been sort of indifferent about Queen, so that movie wasn’t one I really wanted to see!

Thanks to both of you!

2 Likes

Thank you Josee for " ass" card. I was hoping you’d send me one haha… hence why I never bought one he haw!!!
Cheers Crystal

2 Likes

@JasonDavid That’s epic that you did. Cheers!

Thank you @Stinkypaw and @truenorth_49. I received your cards :smiley: I heard about this group from the SCPF exchange group on facebook. I’m trying to recall how I got into this. I think it started with sending art to my friends through mail. Cheers.

2 Likes

katie333 reporting in …

Received from @truenorth_49 a great cat comic, I love this series, it is so adorable!! Also love the Pusheen sticker. :heart_eyes: :cat2:

Received from @JasonDavid a most fabulous and sparkly card from the West Edmonton mall, I’ve been there once too but never hit up the roller coaster. I also appreciate your ongoing campaign to prevent pen cancels. :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve received from @evank a great letter writing club card, yes, you’re right I’d love to visit that shop and an invitation to travel to New Zealand, one day, but not soon! Thanks for both of these Evan.

Hello all. That was fun! I sent out my last card for March today. :grin:
I already received two cards:
Thank you @Stinkypaw for a fabulous tea and books card. (Ordered my own now too.) That is a great postal hand stamp on it too - the flag in a heart shape - I love it!
Thanks @anon73391640 for my Vienna card - I love that city, visited once many moons ago. I had fun on Google maps looking in that neighbourhood tonight. I also enjoyed listening to the song you mentioned. Thanks everyone for filling up my bucket with all the positivity.

2 Likes

I believe so… I will recheck my cards but I am pretty sure!!

1 Like

Dropped of all my cards today. Sorry I was a bit late this month!!

Cards I’ve received for March -

13 @anon73391640 - A Francesco Lazzaro Guardi postcard. Thank you! An addition for my architectural collection.

7 @garvey - Castle architectury for my collection.

1 @Stinkypaw - Happy Postcrossing card. <3

3 @truenorth_49 - Thank you for the HMS Erebus card. I was actually just reading about it. Perfect!

3 Likes

Received two cards yesterday:

From @truenorth_49 - “Airport code” tag
I have not been to Winnipeg, no. Unfortunately I missed out on the family trip dad and siblings did across Canada (by car/camper). I don’t get to travel too much, unfortunately, though I have some trips I’d like to make!

From @farmgirll - New Orleans French Quarter
A drunken leprechaun at Mardi Gras sounds hilarious! I am also getting tired of the restrictions, but if we all keep with them, hopefully things will be better soon!

Thank you both!

2 Likes

Received an Owl card from @farmgirll
Thank you!

PS Stamps are great!

1 Like

Sent the last of my cards this morning!

1 Like