Missing countries

Hi fellow postcrossers,
Does anyone know any methods to get postcards from any of my missing countries?

List:
Europe:
Albania
Macedonia
San Marino
Iceland
Asia:
Myanmar(Burma)
Afghanistan
Bahrain
Bhutan
Cambodia
Georgia
Iran
Iraq
Kuwait
Nepal
Oman
Syria
Yemen
Turkmenistan
Central America(but Costa Rica)
South America:
Bolivia
Colombia
Falkland
Guyana
Paraguay
Suriname
Venezuela
Oceania(but Australia New Zealand Palau French Polynesia)
Carribean(but Granada)
I gave up Africa…

I am afraid the only thing is patience… some countries are not even involved in Postcrossing, so getting all countries will be difficult.

2 Likes

Hello Jimmy,

do you have a list of the countries - it’s a bit easier a gastet especially for the smaller countries.

1 Like

I may achieve collecting cards from every European countries soon!But others cannot!

Since you’re from China, I’m sure you’re aware of the political situation in Myanmar and Turkmenistan, so I doubt there are many active users there at all. Same goes for Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Yemen (I guarantee nobody from Yemen is actively buying postcards at the moment, they’re in a humanitarian crisis right now).

For Central American and South American countries, they definitely have active users but they’re few. I suggest to check the Postcrossing official website and search users from there who accept direct swaps, and ask them.

I doubt you’ll find users in most Pacific Island countries. Their population is extremely small, and their postage costs are likely expensive. But it’s not a bad idea to search on the Postcrossing website too.

3 Likes

This post has some ways of obtaining some postcards from Africa through charity donations. I hope it helps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks!But I already have cards from all the three countries by other methods!

1 Like

Does it have to be a postcard or a letter is also possible?

1 Like

Many years ago, I acquired a collection of 3000+ postcards from a member who left Postcrossing. By her count, she was missing only 6 countries.

2 Likes

All of Them!

You could try to find some private online shops for stamps based in these countries, buy something and ask them for mailing your cover with current stamps. I have made this several times and have the following countries from your list:

Albania
Northern Macedonia
Georgia
Colombia
Fiji

I just started this year, so I think there’s more possible :slight_smile:

Where Can I but Them?Ebay?

If you dont mind blanks, the online shop of Iceland Post has postcards to sell. French Polynesia may sell some maxicards. You can buy written and stamped postcard for Falkland but you have to pay for the stamp you want to use as well.

https://stamps.postur.is/en/webstore/postcards/
https://www.tahitiphilatelie.pf/cartes_max.php

There are some who sells for written and stamped in fiverr.

1 Like

Thanks!But I already havd some blank Icelandic blank postcards and FOTW from French Polynesia!
But thanks for your advice!
Have a great weekend,
Jimmy

Also added falkland

Thanks

May be you could visit the list of countries on Postcrossing website, choose the countries you want postcards from, get the list of members of each of those countries and send messages for a “direct-swap request” to a few of them.
I know it will take some time, but I guess it’s worth trying.
Good luck!

1 Like

@Jimmy423 ask the douban community for help?
Many people from your country live abroad. Maybe you can trace some in your wanted countries. And ask them for help and tell you are a postcrosser.

1 Like