Members asking for other items than postcards

I can buy PG Tips here in Frankfurt. Some shops stock them. And yes, my family and I go through a 300 tea-bag package rather quickly…
:tea:
I actually stated in the forum that it is such a pity there is no teamug in the emoji file. Dear Paulo - yes, that Paulo - actually searched for me and confirmed he could not find it. That’s the kind of personal service we find in this community. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@seaview - thank you for linking me to this chat. I would have overlooked it…and also for mentioning my tea poems. There are more to come… :innocent:

And I agree with @itslovelyhoneymoon that postcrossers are usually quite trustworthy people. Not once have I received illegal or weird stuff. I’ never throw away a teabag because I distrusted its contents.

And as for asking for teabags: It is always only a wish list - never a request list - as stated in the postcrossing rules. And of course it is always up to the senders what they are comfortable with, what is allowed in the country and whether he accepts possible higher postal charges. I often pay more postage when sending teabags if it makes the envelope a bit thicker (yes, in Germany postal charges also consider the depth of an envelope, not only length and with).

3 Likes

Having received so many teabags, some of which I could not even understand and the labels were in a not Latin writing, my daughter had the idea of doing a tea-roulette when she had friends in the house (before the lock-dows). We made a whole batch of tea - each mug received a differer tea bag, removed the tags and let the guest decide by smelling them which tea they would like. After tasting it they had to try and allocate it to the right tea-tag or package. It was so much fun. And there were some lovely ones.

The strangest we had was probably cucumber apple. It felt a bit like drinking hot salad dressing :rofl:

22 Likes

Hello …
I would like to swap tea bags with you and all members around the world .
Regards from Irene ~ Indonesia

2 Likes

So fun to get this teabag taste test today

@aubeka Thank you Aukse for sharing a tea bag to try: Zemaiciy tea with peppermint, wild strawberry leaves & oregano. It is such a combination. I like it. Thank you for intoducing me to this tea.

1 Like

I didn’t even know that send teabags with postcards are possible, how you all do to send it as a postcard goes outside an envelope? It’s just a curiosity :thinking:
Well I like tea and this sounded an interesting idea tho…

1 Like

@Jiih think only inside an envelope

1 Like

No problem at all

I received several tea bags from different countries (even though I never ask for it…funny but some people send them as some sort of good will gesture, I guesd)

1 tea bag and 1 postcard are absolutely OK in one envelope. No problem
And the tea did not get stale
It was very tasty
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I came to read about teas and I’m going away to look for recipes on how to make a popcorn ball :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t ask for tea bags, but have received them on occasion and have never had an issue. I don’t drink a lot of tea and I prefer to send and receive postcards outside of envelopes so unless it appears to be very important to the Postcrosser, I probably wouldn’t send one.

1 Like

Maybe we can only send tea, but it is impossible to send freeze-dried tea. Besides, the post office at my home doesn’t even let me put the bookmark rope in it.

Hello. I don’t request tea bags in my profile but I frequently trade tea through the forum. I drink it all and have never had any problems with it. I don’t know that I’ve ever had truly fresh tea here in the USA. I often wonder how long it sits in transit and on shelves before we get it.

I’m 49 now and I miss trick or treating. About 4 years ago I decided to go trick or treating to my neighbors. We were familiar with each other but not friends per se. I can’t home with some candy and a bowl of chili and was ecstatic.

1 Like

Right!?! I LOVED my Grandma’s popcorn balls! Still have the recipe - maybe it’s time to break it out! (Nothing to do witth tea bags!)

I do not put in my profile that I want tea sent to me.
This is because sending tea requires the use of an envelope and postcrossing is basically a postcard exchange.
But I’d be happy to have it sent!

I have exchanged tea several times via forum tags and direct swaps.
It was great fun to receive tea in flavors I had never seen before in Japan.

I also sent tea in return, but it’s a little hard to find sealed, individually wrapped tea in Japan.
Many of them are individually wrapped but not sealed…
I think the recipient would be annoyed if I sent something other than sealed individually wrapped tea, so that’s what I looked for.

5 Likes

i am a teabags collector, but i don’t ask for teabags on my postcrossing profile, because i would like to receive a postcard without envelope, but if i read this request on a profile i usually send two individually sealed teabags with the postcard, as well as bus tickets if a postcrosser collects them.
in italy there’s no cost difference between sending a postcard and an envelope up to 20 grams.
i swap teabags on tea tags or on another site where users can swap small items

3 Likes

I have had in the past, someone just tape the teabag to the postcard.
Some postcards are actually made as a tea pouch postcard to send.
Usually I will send the tea bag with a postcard inside an envelope.

Each country is different.
In the UK :uk: the postal charge has changed, so even sending a postcard to anywhere in the world, is the same price if I send a teabag in an envelope, as long as it is less than 20g weight and under 5mm in thickness.

It is always fun to get teabags to taste test, as some are not tea leaves but herbal.

1 Like

Another wonderful surprise and tea taste test.
Thank you @Daria_PTZ Daria

Seaview smiles :sun_behind_large_cloud:

1 Like

PG Tipps is common in the US. All of the grocery stores by me carry it in the British section. Yorkshire tea also.

1 Like

@hinata41
Hello! I can send you tea from Russia :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Daria_PTZ
Hello, thank you for your offer.
I appreciate that you are willing to send me the teapacks, but I am unable to give you anything in return.
The Japanese post office does not currently send to Russia.
Also, this is not a tea exchange topic, so I think your kindness should be done in the tea exchange topic. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope the Japanese post office will resume delivery to Russia! :blush:

3 Likes