CANCELLED Meetup - Lichfield, UK 19/06/2021

I’ll try ti get there… Never been to this city yet. Will try to join you on this meeting

Please add me to the list - never been to meet-up before or Lichfield but live Postcrossing so it will be a voyage of adventure!! Cath

1 Like

Please could you add me too? Like others, I’m hoping it can go ahead without too many restrictions. I’m also quite new, definitely my first meet up and first time to Lichfield x

@Star-Mix-1982 hey Danny, is this meetup still happening? :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Postcrossers!

First things first, I am very sorry for the radio silence. I got the dreaded Covid, and have been suffering with Long Covid, so have been away from everything.

I am happy to run the meeting on 19th June, but UK Government guidelines will still be a maximum of 6 people in a group for indoor activity (such as visiting a landmark / restaurant).

Since more then 6 signed up, I would not want to cut anyone out now.

I see we have two options:

Carry on on the 19th, but have a walking tour up to the Cathedral and sign cards / eat outside.
or
Postpone to July / August and hope Covid restrictions ease up.

I have created a simple poll below, open until Sunday night.

Many thanks,
Star-Mix-1982

19th June
  • Stay 19th June - Outside
  • Postpone

0 voters

1 Like

Hi Danny! First of all, I am so sorry you catched Covid - even if the recovery is long for you, I hope you are getting better! This meetup is something I am really excited about, so assuming things keep going fine, I would be keen to have an outdoors meetup. I love Lichfield, have one of my best friends there, and the 19th is a date I am looking forward to on my calendar :slight_smile: Hugs from London!

I hope your recovery doesn’t take too long. My calender is so empty at the moment that I am happy either way. Perhaps postpone for a couple of weeks i.e. after the next easing of restrictions (hopefully) but before the schools break up.

Hi - sorry you’ve been so sick - I can’t make the 19th now so I won’t vote to allow it to go ahead if others want to. Have a great time and hopefully I can make another Meet-up. Cath

Hi
I would really like this event to happen at some point but now cannot make the 19th june- if only six can attend it solves all problems.
Being selfish and asked for my opinion I would really like the event to be postponed until July/ August
Cheers

Hi Danny! Hope your recovery is going well. For some reason it’s not letting me vote, so my vote would go to the 19th outside. I live in Lichfield and guarantee Beacon park would be a lovely place for an outside picnic. Also, I have a baby, so this is ideal for me as it would be quite tricky to go somewhere else. Cannot waste the occassion! Really hope it goes ahead!

Elena

Hello. Will it be possible to receive your postcard? Who can you exchange with?

Sorry, I’ve just seen these messages so missed my chance to vote. My preference would be to postpone, because we can’t guarantee good weather, even in June! Unless you have somewhere in mind that is outside but undercover?

Hope you’re recovering, Danny.

I’ve only just seen this. My preference would be to postpone. Please take care.

1 Like

So sorry to hear you’ve been ill with covid.

I’d really like to come but 19th not an ideal day for me so I’d vote to postpone - but I wasn’t one of the original to sign up so decide whatever is best for those who had.

Hi, I’ve managed to double book myself on Saturday so I won’t be able to do next weekend, but I’d love to join a get together later on in the summer :slight_smile: