FULL - Meetup in Leerdam, Tuesday 18 April 2023

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Leerdam
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: restaurant “De Houtloods” in Leerdam
:calendar: DATE: Tuesday 18th April 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 12.00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

The address of “De Houtloods” is Sundsvall 2, 4141 MP Leerdam

Hello everybody, on Tuesday 18th April 2023 I am hosting a meeting in the small city of Leerdam, known for its glass industry and glassblowing.

The river Linge runs through Leerdam and April means blossom time. So if you have any chance I recommend staying in our region for a few days and walk or cycle along the Linge. (Please check: Lingeroute - Welkom in de Betuwe).

Next to the restaurant you can find the glassblowers’ centre (same building) where you can see the glassworkers at work (for tickets, check https://www.nationaalglasmuseum.nl/ ). The Glass Museum is about a 25 minute walk from there.

You can find the design of the meetup card below. For more cards of Leerdam you can visit the tourist centre (VVV) (Bezoek Leerdam, dé Glasstad van Nederland! | Tussen Lek & Linge , this site also offers information regarding parking facilities in Leerdam), the local Primera or Boek & Co. The local “Wereldwinkel” has some nice other cards too.

If you travel by train or bus to Leerdam Station, then it takes you about 7-8 minutes to walk from the station to the restaurant.

In March the restaurant will provide a new menu for groups. I will therefore contact all of the participants about their wishes for lunch a few weeks before the meeting. If you like to see what their current (winter) menu for groups is like, please check their site. ( De Houtloods Leerdam (dehoutloods-leerdam.nl) )

I would really appreciate it if you arrive at the meeting on time. That way we will be able to have lunch together as a group and afterwards continue writing the meetup cards and meetup books. (We can stay in the Houtloods until 17.00 max).

Fortunately, we will each be able to pay for our lunch separately.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I am looking forward to seeing you in Leerdam next spring.

Pia

Participants

1. piavano – Pia
  2. helmamartens - Helma - 12 cards - PAID
  3. mar127 - Marjolein - 15 cards - PAID
  4. postcrossingbo - Bo - 10 cards - PAID
  5. LiveLaughLoveLeafs - Helen - 20 cards - PAID
  6. muppet450 - Rachel - 25 cards - PAID
  7. CANCELLED Florisca
  8. Melelo - Cindy - 10 cards - PAID
  9. rowena2403 - Rowena - 5 cards - PAID
  10. Frankie - Frank - 7 cards - PAID
  11. Charity17 - Charity - 25 cards - PAID
  12. HealingSteps - Joyce - 15 cards - PAID
  13. CANCELLED specialhorse - Marianne
  14. NancyP - Nancy - 5 cards - PAID
  15. pareltje21 - Marjan - 15 cards - PAID
  16. itsdunnies - Dünja - 11 cards - PAID
  17. ranonkeltje - Astrid - 10 cards - PAID
  18. soundstorm - Ellen - 20 cards - PAID
  19. leentjebuur - Leni - 10 cards - PAID
  20. CreaMootje - Monique - 11 cards - PAID
  21. Mir1990 - Mireille - 10 cards - PAID
  22. vaaick - Vicky - 5 cards - PAID

Wilma of Leukepost has helped me with the design of the meetup card (shown below). Thank you so much Wilma! The cards cost € 0.55 each.
update 1st March 2023: I have sent details regarding the payment for the meetup cards to all participants, I kindly request you to pay them before 13th March 2023. That way I can order the cards in time.
Please be aware that you will be handed your cards at the meetup. If you have any questions, please let me know.

8 Likes

I would love to join :blush:

1 Like

Jammer is op een door de weekse dag.dan werk ik helaas.

Leerdam is nice, but it’s a tuesday and then I have long-covid rehab. And since I will have skipped several weeks in march due to vacation I cannot skip again so soon after. Otherwise I would have loved to join.

1 Like

Ik kom graag, moet alleen nog even vrij vragen.

1 Like

Please add me ovb - Bo :blush:

1 Like

Ik kom ook graag.

1 Like

Please count me in :smiley:

1 Like

I would love to come (ovb)

1 Like

count me in (ovb) please Cindy

1 Like

ik en @Frankie willen ook graag komen . ( voor nu even onder voorbehoud ivm werk proberen te schuiven )

1 Like

Ik wil ook graag komen :wink:

1 Like

Looks to me like a lot of fun, I will be there :smile: Groetjes Joyce.

2 Likes

Wil graag komen. Even onder voorbehoud, even kijken of me cursus kan verzetten. Marianne

1 Like

Please count me in (OVB)

1 Like

Please count me in

1 Like

@piavano onze ovb mag weg , wij komen :smiley:

2 Likes

And itsdunnies has let me know via PM that she will join us too :blush:

3 Likes

Ik kom ook graag. Ga nu een vrije dag aanvragen!
Groetjes,
Astrid
Ik heb vrij gekregen en ben er graag bij.
Graag 10 kaartjes aub.
geroetjes,
Astrid

1 Like

@helmamartens @mar127 @postcrossingbo @LiveLaughLoveLeafs @muppet450 @Florisca @melelo @rowena2403 @Frankie @Charity17 @HealingSteps @specialhorse @NancyP @pareltje21 @itsdunnies @ranonkeltje

You can now check the first post for the design of the meetup card :smile:

3 Likes