Meetup in Bonn- 1st of October 2021

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Bonn
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Beethoven-Haus Shop, Bonngasse 21, 53111 Bonn
:calendar: DATE: 1st of October 2021
:alarm_clock: TIME: 4.30pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: We will celebrate the WORLD POSTCARD DAY and treat ourselves with a stop at the outlet store of the famous candy factory HARIBO :candy:

Hello lovelies!
I’m excited to launch a Postcrossing-Meetup on that special day: the WORLD POSTCARD DAY. :tada:
I would love to welcome you to the City of Bonn. The origin of HARIBO, the birthplace of Ludwig van Beethoven and the place of the beautiful cherry blossom every spring!
And last but not least: the headquarter of the German post office. :postal_horn:

On the meetup I would like to walk through the city and explore some of the cute and special postcard shops. To get culinary in the mood for celebration the highlight will be a stop at the factory outlet of HARIBO in the city center of Bonn. With all the candies & cards I would like to settle down in a nice restaurant, have some dinner, sign postcards and celebrate the WORLD POSTCARD DAY with some cocktails at night. :clinking_glasses:

All spots are in walking distance. With a look at the weather forecast I will pick a final location for signing postcards and dinner a few days before the event and let you know. It’s also possible to join only the gathering at the restaurant later.

Usually meetups start in the morning and go until the early afternoon. This one might go until late evening. But since it’s a weekday I picked a late time on purpose to give also fulltime working people (like me :grinning:) the opportunity to join the celebration.

Before you hit the keyboard to sign in- I need to make one little announcement. First of all I apologize that it will be probably only a small group. It’s because we don’t know how the situation of the pandemic will develop; so better safe than sorry. With a small group of people we have a higher chance to safely meet and greet and sign and laugh. :raised_hands:
I might do increase the number of places (with people from the waiting list). Maybe even shortly before that day- it depends all on the current situation at that moment. So don’t worry if all places are taken: there is still the chance to join!

Meetingcards:
I will design an official Postcard for the meetup. You’re welcome to let me know how many you would like and I order some extra.
You can also be creative yourself. But: I kindly ask you to let everybody know if you do so, so that everyone has the chance to order some of them as well. I think that’s fair.

I look forward to celebrate with you! :clinking_glasses: :cake:

1. MagicMarie
  2. Jess-Cee
  3. Axolotl_
  4. frewen
  5. Tacobella (+2)
  6. Nanteza
  7. Viceroy
  8. One-Happy-Girl
  9. Julia
  10. Laura
  11. Knutschmichelchin

Waiting list:

1 Like

please add me to the list of participants, I really would love to join :smiley:

3 Likes

Of course I can’t miss this fabulous meetup, sign me in! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Awesome!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ooooh! :slight_smile: Please add me to the list for this meetup. I think I should be able to make it to Bonn from Duisburg by the time the meetup starts.

3 Likes

If anybody would like some of these, please let me know by wednesday. I’ll send out the order for printing on thursday. I may not be able to send them out before the meeting, as I will be away for a few days. It all depends a bit on how quickly the cards will be delivered. So when ordering, please take into consideration, that you might only get them at the meetup from me, not before.
Oh, and the more I order, the cheaper it gets, but never more than EUR 0,25 per card.

4 Likes

Please note down 10 for me. :slight_smile: At the meetup will be early enough!

1 Like

:+1:

For me ten as well please, thank you!! So great to see it :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Can we swap your card

2 Likes

yes, sure, just send me a message with your address and show me, what you have for swapping :smiley:

I‘d also like to participate in the afternoon.

Please add me to the list for this meet-up, too. :smiley:

@Jess-Cee Please note down 10 postcards for me. At the meetup will be early enough. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@tika sorry, order was sent out last wednesday,as I’m about to go on holiday. I have to see, if they perhaps over deliver. It sometimes happens.

Thank you, Jess-Cee.
Too bad, but I know I’m a bit late. Unfortunately, I couldn’t say yes sooner. Then I will bring my own postcards. I will also prepare my stamp for the Bonn meeting. (Those who were at the meet-up in Essen in August know what I mean. For the others I will show it here later).

2 Likes

Luis and I are with you

Ich drucke diese Karte. Bei Interesse bitte melden.

Bestellung am Freitag.

Ich bringe die Karten zum Meeting mit.

4 Likes

Die ist ja richtig niedlich! :grinning:
Wie viel möchtest du für eine Karte haben?

1 Like

0,25 Euro kostet das Stück

1 Like

Dann bitte 10 Stück für mich. Dankeschön :grinning:
Lass‘ mich wissen ob du die 2,50 € per Paypal haben möchtest oder ob es reicht, wenn ich beim Meeting bezahle.