Welcome to the monthly 50 RR!
This is an RR for sending and receiving lots of cards that are chosen based on each participant’s preferences.
Rules and Other Information
(Please read before joining even if you have participated before)
- To join, please post here. Feel free to also mention in your post if you prefer envelopes or welcome birthday/holiday cards (no other preferences/wishes will be included here).
- Send your address to the host if you have not done so before. Please double-check your address for accuracy before sending it.
- There is a limit of 50 total participants. There is also a limit of six members per country, but more will be allowed to join if there are fewer than 50 total participants at the end of the month.
- If you have participated in a 50 RR before, then before joining this month, all cards for previous months must be sent, and at least 85% of your sent cards must be received in the 50 RRs of February 2021 and earlier.
- There is a wait list for people from a country that has already reached its limit, who have not successfully completed previous months (as explained above), or have not yet provided their address.
- Check this thread regularly because the host will post announcements and indicate if there are any issues to be resolved before you can join.
- The RR will be closed when there are 50 participants or on the first of the month regardless of the number of participants.
- You must send a postcard to each of the other participants. Folded cards or envelopes not containing a postcard are not acceptable.
- It is a requirement to send cards that are chosen based on each recipient’s preferences (see “A note about preferences” below). Do not send any handmade, self-printed, old/vintage, used, or free/ad cards unless a person’s profile specifically requests it. Also, check their collection albums (see album requirements here), if available, and don’t send cards they already have.
- Send cards written and stamped unless you are fulfilling someone’s specific request. You may request to receive cards written/unwritten in an envelope, but your fellow participants are not obligated to send them this way.
- All cards must be sent by the end of the month.
- Posting your sent and received cards in this thread in a timely manner.
- Before resending any cards, please check with the host to get updated addresses and confirm who hasn’t received your card.
- Check this thread regularly for announcements and questions.
*Note: The dates mentioned in the rules are based on the host’s time.
Confused? Want to see how this RR really works?
Perhaps checking out last month’s group will help. If you still have a question, feel free to post it here or send it to the host.
A note about preferences:
Sending cards that match the recipients’ preferences is a requirement here, and that’s something that sets this RR apart from others. If you are unable or unwilling to meet that requirement, then maybe you’d prefer one of the many other RRs. There are lots of other fun RRs where participating isn’t as laborious or restrictive.
This RR involves choosing cards for your fellow participants based on their profiles, wish lists, and favorites. If you join this RR, you should be confident that you can meet participants’ wishes with decent quality cards, especially if you are a regular participant and know what to expect. Of course, we won’t always send the perfect card, but a persistent disregard of preferences may affect your eligibility to participate in future 50 RRs.
By the same token, note that it is best to include some general wishes in your wish list. If your wish list is, for example, very short or mostly consists of very specific cards, cards that are only found in certain countries or regions, and/or expensive cards, then it is unreasonable to expect all of your fellow participants to send a card matching your wishes.