Maxicards chat

What I appreciate most about Deutsche Post is the friendly service for philately! I used to send my request to Berlin & Weiden every month and really enjoy that. At first I was unfamiliar with the rules and therefore made some mistakes. Thankfully, the staff replied with detailed explanation each time :heart:

Here’s one of my own maxicards ↓

26 Likes

Thank you for showing! I never used their service before but if it’s as easy as you say, maybe I’ll try as well. :o

You’ll find it easy and funny for sure :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Just find the latest “Stempel & Informationen” here (https://shop.deutschepost.de/sammeln/philatelie/service-informationen-der-philatelie/stempel-und-informationen), choose whichever postmark you prefer and match them with stamps & postcards. The final step is to send your mail to the given address, namely “Anschrift für schriftliche Stempelaufträge”.

2 Likes

That’s just amazing! :heart_eyes: I wish we had a similar service here in Finland. I think I would send all my mail there. I just love fancy cancellations. Sadly they practically don’t exist here anymore.

1 Like

thanks for the links. I bought some online last night. Great that they have free shipping too.

I’m a great fan of maxicards! I received two official maxicards:

• DE-9344017

This maxicard is the first maxicard that I have ever received. It’s about the Battle of Frankenhausen on May 14-15, 1525. The battle is a pivotal event of the German Peasants’ War, according to Wikipedia. It seems that the stamp is issued by the Deutsche Demokratische Republik (DDR, German Democratic Republic) in 1989!

• NL-4838070

This one is from the Netherlands, with the St. Barbara stamp from Liechtenstein. St. Barbara is a Roman Catholic Saint who lived in the third century. She was sentenced to death by beheading and executed by her father.
    A fun fact is that the county my university is located in, Santa Barbara Co., CA, United States, is named after the saint. If the card can come to me several months later (after I return to campus), it can be a St. Barbara card with a St. Barbara stamp addressed to some guy in Santa Barbara County!

Any many more cards received by direct swap and forum games:

7 Likes

:new: maxicard to my collection
I’m fascinated by this awesome card!!!

10 Likes

I made my own maxicards now. I got 10 and this is the one I like most:

I sent the cards to the special cancellation office on March 2 and got them back today. I’m very happy with them! I’ll make another set when the Bundesgartenschau stamps will be released in April. :slight_smile:

22 Likes

I was shopping for more postcards yesterday (not that I need more, but you know how it is) and came across some Swiss Maximum cards from the 1980s, so bought some to send out. This is one oof the designs which went into the post this morning.

13 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Great! Maybe you’re also interested in the Sonderstempel with Easter Bunny? It’s easy to find matching stamps and postcards for making such a maxicard.

13 Likes

I have sent cards to get canceled for normal use with the Easter stamp, but I hadn’t thought of creating a maxi card with it. :thinking: A good idea!

2 Likes

I’ve done that twice and feel really excited to make every recipient smile :smiley:
BTW, I also enjoy the stamps with lovely Felix. There are quite a few cute stamps for Easter!

1 Like

I don’t know if they’ll even notice it, but since they were all Easter cards, I hope they’ll! :rabbit2::hatching_chick:
Do you have any ideas which card motives I could use for the Bundesgartenschau Erfurt stamps? I thought of different parks and gardens, but I fear I have none that show parks and gardens in Erfurt. :thinking:

I’ve only been to Erfurt once to visit a friend and bought several view cards there. It’s a pity that all cards were published by Schöning Verlag. The surface of those cards aren’t suitable for making maxicards… no idea yet :persevere:
You might choose a similar flower card for the BUGA Stempel?

1 Like

Thanks for the input. I guess I’ll go through my stash and maybe have a look online. I’ll keep you posted with the results. :smiley:

1 Like

I finally made a maxicards album. :smiley:

Here are some examples:

11 Likes

Belpost has made maxicards dedicated to the new standard stamps with vegetables :arrow_down:

I have just ordered all of them, here are some examples

22 Likes

Today, new brands with berries have been released in Russia:)

26 Likes

Extremely pretty! :heart_eyes:

I got my second batch of selfmade maxi cards yesterday. And immediately got an idea for new ones. It’s addicting! :smiley:
But here are examples of finished ones for once. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Do people enjoy receiving non-authentic maxi cards? I.e. with a regular cancellation mark instead of a matching one?

I only recently learned about maxicards (I received one from Australia last year but although I mentioned in my thank you/hurray message that I really liked the matching stamp, I didn’t realize at the time that the matching stamp on the picture side was a well-known thing in stamps and mailing circles) and I think it would be really fun to put some together. I like the idea of looking for postcards and stamps that go together but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to find/get to places that would have a matching cancellation mark.