Maxicards chat

I bought a maxicard devoted to Easter

5 Likes

In recent months I’ve created some Queen Elizabeth Platinum Jubilee maxicards.

27 Likes

Nicely done! The date on EIIR seems bit far from postmark :joy:(i know it’s the design itself)

2 Likes

Yes it is, I think it is a self-inking handstamp with easy access to date changes, as that handstamp is avaliable throughout 2022.

2 Likes

Hi, my question is, how big are the maxicards? Im cm please.
Thanks

2 Likes

Maxicard doesn’t depend on size. I think it comes with the standard size of the normal postcards in your country
Its something like this

3849443e

4 Likes

Hello Lenka, I think you get tricked by the maxi… but this is not a postcard in a maximum format, it means there is a depiction which maximises the theme of the stamp to the picture of the postcard.
Like in the example of Prithika, there is a water street pump on the stamp and the same theme on the postcard combined and on first day canceled.

3 Likes

Ok Thank you for explaining. :grin:

3 Likes

Are the special cancelations still available? If so where would I have to place/send my mail to to get them?

1 Like

So cool! Have collected some through swaps and all but can’t really create any in Singapore because special postmarks are hard to come by :frowning: would like to know if SingPost does a special postmark thing haha!

1 Like

So let’s say I have this cool postcard and on it I put this really cool stamp but the images are not identical (as pictured below) does that make this a maxicard? Or do the images have to be the same?

7 Likes

The pictures don’t have to be identical, in fact, according to the ‘official’ rules of maximaphily (for official competitions in exhibitions), they can’t be the same.

But it is not a maxicard until you can add a matching postmark as well. Doesn’t have to be a pictorial postmark, though, so should be easy enough to get one from St Louis to bring it all together.

Looks like a good combination, though.

6 Likes

It will be a beauty! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

So how do I get a matching postmark?

1 Like

Cross your fingers and hope the USPS releases one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A matching postmark I assume would come from St. Louis.

2 Likes

If you want a pictorial postmark, you’ll need to find out what there is that would be suitable - hopefully someone from the US can tell you how to find this out.

In Australia, to get the pictorial postmark, you send your card in an envelope, to either the post office issuing the postmark, or the Philatelic Bureau, describing what you want, and including a stamped envelope to return the card to you. Or go in in person if it is local to you - go when you know they will be quiet.

You can also write in the same way to any post office to get them to postmark it with their regular (non-pictorial) stamp - so you could get whatever post office is nearest to the Arch. This would count as a maxicard, because the postmark is linked by location to what is on the card.

4 Likes

There is a postmark that shows the Gateway Arch, it’s on the postal bulletin along with details on how to get it.

5 Likes

I just found this fantastic article about the locations chosen for Australia’s first day of issue postmarks. They choose a suburb with something in common with the stamp theme. This one is in my collection. The theme is Nature’s Mimics and they chose the location as Hyde [Hide] Park

10 Likes

That’s a pretty sad looking postmark. I think I’ll pass.

1 Like