Map apps

In an ideal world I would have a wall map of the USA and one of the world to pin where I send postcards to and where I receive them from but don’t really have the space for that. I can’t seem to find any free apps (the one I found after downloading it requires a subscription, not free, be nice to have an ad option, I understand that apps take work and money). I do like the looking at my map on postcrossing, but it would be nice if there was an app. Or what other things do you do to visually see your communication? Curious.

1 Like

Google Maps has the functionality to pin places and add descriptions. It will be a personal map and you can share it via link. I had done in last year but didn’t update it regularly. Let me check if I still have that.

Here it is - PostCrossing Map - Google My Maps

2 Likes

Maybe try https://findpenguins.com/ - it’s a travel app, but you can also upload postcards and pin them to a map - and it’s free.

1 Like

Thank you, this is perfect!

2 Likes

Downloaded, looks very cool!

2 Likes

I think this is the website I used, looks like they have an app as well though I haven’t tried it yet, but it allows you to color code maps at the country or state/province level.

1 Like

You’d need another one of Germany, for most of your cards will come to and from Germany.

2 Likes

Here’s a topic where we discussed using maps as a way to track our postcards: