Mandatory 'send to own country' for certain countries

The US international rate is actually about 60 cent cheaper than our national one…

In France, the postage for a stamp to the world and Europe is € 1.47.

And I am not talking about the card itself. A French postcard can be very expensive: you rarely find one for less than two euros per unit (with the exception of tourist cards, but it all depends on the region).

We do not all have the same budget, it costs me quite a lot but it is a passion. And like every passion, we put in what it is possible to put. I give a lot if I can, and less if I can’t.

It is normal to receive a lot of cards from a country like Germany because this also goes in relation to the number of members that the country contains.

It was interesting to read your comments.
It is nice to receive cards from all over the world, but what matters most to me is what others write on the back of the card and not necessarily the postmark.

Have a beautiful day and happy postcrossing

Mélody

4 Likes

I have almost always deactivated that option, but even if not, it wouldn’t help a lot… as usually cards within Germany take 1 day to be delivered and then my address is in the pool again.

2 Likes

I love this :heart:

4 Likes

I like the surprise and the randomness. If I wish to send (or receive) more to(from) one specific country I use the forum tags, RRs, Postcrossing on Facebook.
I also think we should not punish good behaviour. We want people to join Postcrossing and participate, so what do we do, we limit their use?! That’s crazy! For me it’s: Welcome everyone the more the merrier!

16 Likes

It would be nice to exclude postcrossers in a circle of 100km. Instead of blocking your country.

Why is it not just a simply ‘first in first out’ kind of thing?