Mailing postcards from Israel

I will go on a business trip to Israel in two weeks and I would like to buy some postcards. I’m not sure about the prices there or the speed of mail services. Is there anything I should pay attention to? Any issues mailing to Europe from there? Maybe it’s not relevant but I will be mailing from Jerusalem.

2 Likes

This should help - Prices of stamps for postcards in all countries/territories (wiki)

2 Likes

I was there a few years ago, you won’t have any trouble finding postcards in the Old City. There’s a post office on Jaffa Street (very close to the Old City) where you can buy stamps and post your cards. Service was efficient and helpful. Have a great trip!

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: Happy to hear that.

1 Like

What a nice idea. I think you can check the Postal Monitor to see if there are any limitations to countries you can send to. Have a nice trip!

1 Like

In 2018 I visited the main post office in Jerusalem on 23 Jaffa Road to buy stamps for my postcards. It is near the intersection with Shlomzion HaMalka Street just west of the Old City. Keep in mind that opening hours are different from those of western countries. For example, this post office is open Sunday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Friday from 8 a.m. to noon. It is closed on Saturdays. In addition, there will be metal detectors and security at the entrance. Like many European post offices, you will have to take a ticket with the number corresponding to a ticket window. Try to get to the post office first thing in the morning to avoid a long wait. Many people in Israel speak English, and I had no problems buying stamps in English. In my opinion, the Israeli postal system is reliable. For postcard postage rates, take a look at the following website: www.israelpost.co.il. At the upper left corner of the screen, click the red roof-like symbol next to the globe icon to see the website in English. Next, click on “Calculate Postage” for the postcard postage rates for various countries. Postcards to Europe (including nearby countries like Greece) cost 7.40 shekels. Rates are not intuitive. For example, postage to the United States is 8.30 shekels; the one to Canada, 9 shekels. Postage to South Korea and China costs 7 shekels; however, it costs 9 shekels to send a postcard to Japan and Australia. Postcards to Russia cost 6.5 shekels. Have a wonderful time in Jerusalem!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the thorough answer, really appreciated it! :slight_smile: