Mail travel scars on cards

The post offices here in my country do not have automated systems and all our mail is manually sorted. Unfortunately, postal workers do not really know the “value” of postcards :frowning: I received some postcards today and most of them had the postmark on the design face of the card… I am especially upset about this Edition Tausendschoen card which is my first. :frowning_face: I usually wouldn’t mind but the stamp is not even clear, often smudged and looking horrid with the blue-purple ink the post office uses.

Also just look at this one… not one but two marks. :crying_cat_face:

And this one, where the paper material will clearly smudge the postmark but they did it anyway…

A outgoing postcard that I send got the whole bottom ripped off and got returned to me

4 Likes

Just found that topic. PC US-7667911 arrived in perfect condition lately. No machine stamp marks (I’m so happy - it’s a Luna new year stamp.

1 Like

It seems to me that my post office specially puts seals on the wrong side of the postcards, because if the background of the postcard is dark or very glossy, they put their seal on the text, but if the postcard is light, then their seal will definitely be on the front side of the postcard. So, for example, an official postcard from Brazil in perfect condition went around the floor of the globe, so that it was soiled in the house next to me.

1 Like

Let’s revive this topic!

@Ni-noch-ka I actually kinda like the arrival date postmark that Russia has! I know some other countries use it too – I believe someone had a topic about these postmarks a while ago, but I don’t know whether it’s still active or not…

The only thing I dislike about BR-560048 is how smudged that postmark is… Not enough time for the ink to dry! Otherwise it would’ve looked beautiful!

1 Like

This glob of mysterious black sticky slime is a lot more disgusting than the pic makes it look :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

today i could have received 10 postcards but actually they were only 9,99 :rofl: another victim of sorting machines in mail offices :sob:

2 Likes

I received a stereo postcard with damage around the perimeter and in the corners .So pathetic . To tears

This is the most damaged card I have received. When I registered it, I made a comment about a tear or rip in the universe, but have no idea if that translated well to the sender. Still, it made me smile.