Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension)

This is rather disheartening. I joined Postcrossing basically a month ago – with all the excitement of a newbie. I finally got to the point where I can mail out 6 cards at a time - I was hopeful that meant I’d have a better chance at seeing some smiles (cards) in my mailbox. But in essence I guess I’m effectively at 5 since one of my cards is headed to China. (Thus Far I’ve mailed out 11 cards, 5 “sent”, 2 received, 6 in transit)

1 Like

My recent record may help you, yesterday I got a beautiful card from Thailand, which traveled for 25 days.

I came back to Postcrossing from last month, already received many cards from tags.
From Germany: 29 days, 37 days, 27days, 26 days, 23 days
From USA: 24 days, 24 days, 24 days
From Italy: 24 days,
From Japan: 26 days, 24 days
From Spain: 30 days, 29 days, 18 days
From Belgium: 19 days, 17 days
From Poland: 24 days, 22 days
From Switzerland: 18 days
From Ireland: 25 days got 3, lost 1 (edit: the lost one arrived after 40 days)
Those still traveling over 35 days are all from Russia.

My account is still inactive right now, so don’t know official cards.

12 Likes

14 days Germany-China

And since January I have noticed in my RR that many cards arrive relatively quickly in China.

7 Likes

When I started Postcrossing, I had to wait 2 months to receive my first postcard because it came from Russia. It was two months of terrible impatience. :sweat_smile:
But it takes a lot of patience in the Postcrossing, especially in the first few months, while the balance is made between your shipments and your receptions. Then, if you keep regular mailings you will always have regular postcards in your mailbox. :grin:

5 Likes

34 days to China :partying_face:

The other two are still stuck. 63 and 129 days.

5 Likes

Looks like every other address goes to China now.

• When i watch that What is happening now? box at the official site. i have one official card travelling to china. Hope it arrives :heart:
3 Likes

awe, thank you for the encouragement.

2 Likes

China Post has become much better about delivering mail they receive now, but the old mail that they refused to handle doesn’t seem to be important to them.

3 Likes

@Syyksen This topic is only about cards sent from other countries to China, not for cards that are sent from China.

2 Likes

Oh sorry. My bad. edited:smile:

I drew 5 addresses today, of which 3 are going to China, I really hope they arrive because I know they will make the receivers very happy! :grin:

6 Likes

I’m glad people in China are finally getting their cards. But it must be disheartening for the flood of new Postcrossers today whose first cards are likely to travel for a long time.

12 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Are your postcards reaching Russia?

I sent one yesterday to China, I am sure it will arrive!

2 Likes

Now within couple of days I got addresses to China, all giving the address in Chinese as well.
And as always, I write it like that, but now after two long addresses, I feel weird :smile: I think I activated some sleeping part in my brain. So this must be good.

The previous one is travelling over 200 days, so lets hope these are a little more faster :grinning:

3 Likes

Another postcard has arrived in China after 64 days. :partying_face: Looks like things are starting to get better.

4 Likes

I was on “inactive mode” for several months and returned to “active mode” about a month ago. While inactive, I had sent off probably about 20 official cards, most of them were registered. Therefore I expected to receive quite a few after I had become “active” again…
Well, so far I have received only one, from Germany, that took about two weeks to come…
I have sent more than 40 cards this past month, those to China arrived quickly, one to Japan too, and one to Germany but the rest? Where are they?
I know that this topic is about cards sent TO China, but if I mention cards sent FROM China, this is because I start to wonder whether part of the problem might not be due to the postal systems of other countries too. Maybe the cards’ transit until they arrive in China is slow? Due to some reasons like strikes? lack of postal employees?Just a suggestion…

2 Likes

A month to China isn’t that slow. Also, Chinese addresses are still being given on a limited basis I believe, rather than the usual 1:1.

1 Like

So for example the long travel time and not arriving would be because of Finnish post too, not only China post?

Could be of course, but if and when the problems are/were only to China, the suspension has been the right decision.

Remember, the postcrossing team can see to what countries mail travels and to what it doesn’t. (Edit. meaning that if mail from Finland to China doesn’t arrive, but mail to other countries does, and if mail from other countries doesn’t arrive to China, but does to other destinations, then most likely the fault is not (only, and maybe not even partly) in other countries post.)

2 Likes