Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension)

Two cards reached to China in last two days with travel time of more than 5 months :grin::grin:

6 Likes

I think it’s unfair although I haven’t sent any card

1 Like

@ea5y Welcome to the Forum community :slightly_smiling_face:

This Topic is not about sending cards from China within China or to the world - it’s about sending from other countries to China.

2 Likes

You should send out cards because your address won’t be drawn until your cards reach other user. Maybe, by the time your sent cards are registered the mail service will be all well and you get nice cards from other countries :blush::blush:

6 Likes

but I’m living in China and now even if I send out cards,I won’t receive other people’s cards

1 Like

Your address will still be given to other Chinese users and also to international members once the ban is lifted.

You will always get your due cards, so if you send X number of cards you will always receive the same number of cards back.

6 Likes

I don’t think that day will come it’s hard

2 Likes

You can do direct swaps on Forum, if you think that ban will continue forever :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If your address were given out now, the cards would most likely not reach you.
So it makes no difference whether your address goes out now or later, when postal traffic has become nomalised again.

11 Likes

If you want to receive cards, you must send at least one card out.
If you don’t mind receiving them late, send out cards whenever. If you mind, don’t send out your cards until the situation changes. But you can’t receive any cards unless you have sent out cards which was also registered.

6 Likes

Ohhh, wow.
One of my cards reaches China after 81 days.
:bouncing:

10 Likes

One of my tag cards to China which was sent on March 31st reached its recipient yesterday after almost 4 month of travelling.
I’m glad it has arrived :blush:

5 Likes

Oh, my 114 day card has arrived and this User in China gets a Lot of cards at the moment. There is still hope for my second card in this direction.

3 Likes

By the way, in my experience Hong Kong mail has been just as bad.

1 Like

China: 72 cards sent, average travelling time 56 days (this year 58 to 118 days)
Hong Kong: 25 cards sent, average travelling time 16 days (most are 10 to 14 days)

BTW: China is 1st and India is 2nd with average 48 days for sent cards (from my all-time-stats)

6 Likes

Oh no, I wasn’t even considering that phenomenon… That people want mail from “rare” destinations so badly! But, you’re right, of course…

…mh, and how about handing out addresses from China, but just not counting them into the maximum number of cards a user can send at a given time?!? Basically - as temporary extra slots? It would be less frustrating to wait for these cards to arrive if people could still send other cards in the meantime…
…just thinking here.

What seems to be ignored here is that China Post itself has made it clear they are discouraging new mail while working on all the old mail they never delivered.

29 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

When was this card sent from Japan? I suspect your problem is that there are cards from April and May that have arrived in China, but not yet delivered by China Post. You may see the more recent foreign cards arrive soon if they are working on clearing the older ones slowly.

1 Like

Some of your cards arrived before this suspension took place, so you probably have some cards on the way to you and will receive them when China post deals with backlog.

1 Like