:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

you are right, I overlooked Singapore in that post, sorry.

In addition, mail has been resumed to Iceland and Russia

here is the updated list

1 Like

:white_check_mark: List updated February 3, 2021 at 05:22am UTC.

Seems that Iceland had disappeared from the list and mail cannot be sent to Iceland actually :flushed: Not really sure what happened, but the latest table says it is now a consolidated version

other than that, no other changes

here is the latest link

2 Likes

Hello from RDP. LAO
Since February 2020, the postal services were completely suspended.
Good news today
Gradual resumption of the international postal service for «Entreprise des Postes Lao» from Monday 08/02/2021:
The following 46 countries are affected by this recovery.

Netherland, Sweden, Serbia, Thailand, Belgium, Slovakia, Hungary, Egypt, China, France, Denmark, Senegal, UAE, Argentina, Germany, Brazil, Switzerland, Finland, Hong Kong,
Korea, Turkey, USA, United Kingdom, Portugal, Slovenia, Luxemburg, Spain, Mexico, Italy, Japan, Norway, Romania, Czech Rep, China, Latvia, Singapore, Bulgaria, Australia,
Estonia, Israel, Canada, Taiwan, Austria, Lithuania, Poland, Croatia.

For other countries, postal links will be resumed in stages.

«In the event of a worsening of the global or regional health situation, destinations could be suspended without notice. »
Have a nice day !

4 Likes

Today I received a new mail alert from PostNL: no mail service between the Netherlands and Barbados.
Huge delays between Cyprus and the Netherlands.
:hushed:

Hello! Just to update that Brunei can send international mail to these countries attached in the list! (from 1 February to 27 March 2021).

I took this photo (uploaded) at the main local post office today. The Brunei Post Office website is not updated so there is no link to share.

3 Likes

Paraguay is currently only sending to USA & Brazil.
http://www.correoparaguayo.gov.py/index.php

3 Likes

Barbados looks like it is only listed as delayed destination on PostNL website, which was updated yesterday… :thinking: Could you perhaps double-check on this for us, if possible?

The mail alert from February 4 clearly states “all mail services”… I reread it just now.
I didn’t receive any updates, but I’ll do some further digging.
But maybe, better to be safe than sorry for now ?
More later !

Postnl indeed has it only listed under delays, the same with Seychelles.
The latter were named in the alert as well as not having any mail service from the Netherlands, but I noticed they were already listed in the postal monitor.
Their latest e-mail clearly stated the above… no mail service to Barbados.
:four_leaf_clover::v:t2::tulip:

No idea how and if I can post the PostNL e-mail here …
:thinking:

PostNL provides this free subscription service :
e-mails when anything affects international mailservice (covid, weather, strikes…)
(PostNL international marketing)

But I guess you already knew that. :wink::innocent:

1 Like

:white_check_mark: List updated February 8, 2021 at 07:40am UTC.

Indonesia update

Pos Udara (air mail) is open again to Thailand

https://booking.posindonesia.co.id/posint/

2 Likes

Fiji - to confirm I recently had mail from Fiji to UK, so it looks like that service is running again.

:white_check_mark: List updated February 9, 2021 at 08:41am UTC.

Indonesia suspending mails again to China, Hong Kong, Taiwan. (February 10, 2021)

https://booking.posindonesia.co.id/posint/

2 Likes

Slovenian Post (date of issue: 10.02.2021) announced that it accepts again letters for:

Albania
Armenia
Belarus
Chile
Colombia
Georgia
Guernsey
Iran
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Libya
Macao
Moldova
Pakistan
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
South Africa
Sri Lanka
Tajikistan
Thailand
Tunisia
UAE
Uzbekistan
Yemen

Off topic: as the new list includes several countries with some historical links to Russia, mail will probably travel via Moscow. Finally my cards to Belarus and Kazakhstan will depart. :grinning:

3 Likes

Slovenian Post issued (11.02.2021) updated list of countries to where it accepts mail. New countries on the list are: Algeria, Ethiopia, Ghana, Jordan, Kenya, Nigeria, Peru and Vietnam

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: List updated February 14, 2021 at 07:05am UTC.
Thank you!