:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Sounds like this update applies to EMS service, which is not the same as normal airmail or surface post… Maybe you can contact Pos Malaysia and double-check with them on the status of airmail/surface post?

:white_check_mark: Above list was updated May 31, 2021 at 08:06am UTC.

Hi! I don’t have an online source… but I was denied sending a postcard from South Korea to India and Poland just now at the post office. I got these addresses from Postcrossing yesterday.

Hi @romiknaa, welcome to the forum!

Our understanding is that it is possible to send mail to those countries, but via surface mail (ships). Please check here:

https://ems.epost.go.kr/front.EmsNewsDetail.postal?seq=973&db=notice

Could you maybe let us know what you understand from that page? We keep getting conflicting reports from Korea’s Post, so it’s a little tricky to keep an updated list. :disappointed:

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated June 2, 2021 at 05:35am UTC.

2 Likes

India Post has released a list of countries to which the booking of International EMS, or Express Mail Service, is available for sending essential goods/medicines etc. The list includes Bangladesh, China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (People’s Rep. ), Kuwait, Malaysia, Phillipines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and UK.

International Speed Post articles can be booked in almost all the post offices across the country. In metro and other major cities, International Speed Post articles can be booked till late in the evening. ​India Post also provides online tracking facility for International Speed Post. ​

Waiting for the further updates.

Good news - according to Kazpost official telegram channel, Kazakhstan can send to Cyprus and Serbia now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated June 7, 2021 at 08:45am UTC.

1 Like

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right place for this, but i think the Postcrossing postal monitor for France is a bit outdated, since June 1st it has reopened some places to send post to, here’s a link to the web page for LaPoste https://aide.laposte.fr/contenu/informations-sur-les-destinations-internationales-indisponibles?t=cc

2 Likes

Since today, Moldova sends to Angola, Benin, Cameroon, Congo (not sure which), Ivory Coast, Gambia, Irak, Rwanda, Togo, Uganda.
Source: Poșta Moldovei
PS: Also, the mail to Australia is expected to be delivered faster now, with the reopening of an air route.

1 Like

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated June 8, 2021 at 09:24pm UTC.

I think that would be Republic of the Congo - Brazzaville :congo_brazzaville: but I will have Paulo & Ana take a look at it. Thanks.

2 Likes

The list of countries Portugal can send mail to, was updated on June 9th, but I don’t really know the differences :neutral_face:

2 Likes

They resumed to Iran, Malawi, Venezuela and Zambia (we already took care of it) and also introduced a bunch of assiantura typos. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Poland resumes shipment to: Greenland, Faroe Islands

2 Likes

Greece can now send mail to Armenia, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Chile, Georgia, Jordan, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan & Saudi Arabia.

(28/05/2021) List of countries that Greece can send mail to (unfortunately I could only find it in Greek).

3 Likes

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated June 13, 2021 and June 17, 2021 at 04:44am UTC.

Hello from sunny Canada. We just received a postcard today that was mailed in an envelope. It was sent to Belarus in April 2021. Canada Post has put a sticker on it saying: “Temporary Suspension of Postal Service”. It’s too bad we didn’t know this before…we have already sent 8 of them since December 2020 and none of them have reached their destination.

1 Like

There is already another topic about this:

It seems like Canada Post suspended the service without noticing the public - one user called the helpline and they had no information on it…

Off-topic: I would definitely keep this envelope in the state it arrived - it’s an interesting object in postal history.

1 Like

Thanks duck2006 :wink: Canada Post is not one of our most reliable government departments unfortunately. But it makes me wonder why we still get “Belarus” when we choose postcards in Postcrossing. Shouldn’t Postcrossing remove that country from Canadian senders!!!

2 Likes