:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Updated May 21, 2021 - USPS is not accepting outbound mail to Israel at this time

Source - USPS International Service Alerts

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: Above list was updated May 26, 2021 at 02:38am UTC.
Thanks.

Update for Bosnia & Hercegovina - Rep. Srpska (Serb Post):

As of 25th of May Serb Post has restarted sending mail to:
Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Ecuador, Grenada, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Macao, Malaysia, Morocco, Mongolia, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Senegal, Seychelles, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Thailand, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.

As of 25th of May Serb Post does not send mail to Georgia (I do not know if this could be a mistake on their part).

The updated page is on this link:
https://www.postesrpske.com/medjunarodni-post/

2 Likes

Poste Italiane published an update on 27th May 2021.

Italy :it: resumed mail to Israel :slightly_smiling_face:

New total of suspended countries: 28

2 Likes

Mail Resumption for China and New Zealand by IndiaPost

4 Likes

Hi! Just wanted to update new information on Brunei’s international destination valid from 1 June 2021 to 30 June 2021 received from contact from Post Office. Attached are the new info.

2 Likes

https://www.pos.com.my/faq/

`The resumption of EMS is on 1 March 2021 but to selected destination countries that include Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand.

On 23 April 2021, we added 46 additional international destinations to the list: Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Maldives, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.

According to the Postal Monitor many of these countries are still blocked for post from Malaysia. This is not correct apparently.`

Sounds like this update applies to EMS service, which is not the same as normal airmail or surface post… Maybe you can contact Pos Malaysia and double-check with them on the status of airmail/surface post?

:white_check_mark: Above list was updated May 31, 2021 at 08:06am UTC.

Hi! I don’t have an online source… but I was denied sending a postcard from South Korea to India and Poland just now at the post office. I got these addresses from Postcrossing yesterday.

Hi @romiknaa, welcome to the forum!

Our understanding is that it is possible to send mail to those countries, but via surface mail (ships). Please check here:

https://ems.epost.go.kr/front.EmsNewsDetail.postal?seq=973&db=notice

Could you maybe let us know what you understand from that page? We keep getting conflicting reports from Korea’s Post, so it’s a little tricky to keep an updated list. :disappointed:

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated June 2, 2021 at 05:35am UTC.

2 Likes

India Post has released a list of countries to which the booking of International EMS, or Express Mail Service, is available for sending essential goods/medicines etc. The list includes Bangladesh, China, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (People’s Rep. ), Kuwait, Malaysia, Phillipines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and UK.

International Speed Post articles can be booked in almost all the post offices across the country. In metro and other major cities, International Speed Post articles can be booked till late in the evening. ​India Post also provides online tracking facility for International Speed Post. ​

Waiting for the further updates.

Good news - according to Kazpost official telegram channel, Kazakhstan can send to Cyprus and Serbia now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated June 7, 2021 at 08:45am UTC.

1 Like

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right place for this, but i think the Postcrossing postal monitor for France is a bit outdated, since June 1st it has reopened some places to send post to, here’s a link to the web page for LaPoste https://aide.laposte.fr/contenu/informations-sur-les-destinations-internationales-indisponibles?t=cc

2 Likes

Since today, Moldova sends to Angola, Benin, Cameroon, Congo (not sure which), Ivory Coast, Gambia, Irak, Rwanda, Togo, Uganda.
Source: Poșta Moldovei
PS: Also, the mail to Australia is expected to be delivered faster now, with the reopening of an air route.

1 Like

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated June 8, 2021 at 09:24pm UTC.

I think that would be Republic of the Congo - Brazzaville :congo_brazzaville: but I will have Paulo & Ana take a look at it. Thanks.

2 Likes

The list of countries Portugal can send mail to, was updated on June 9th, but I don’t really know the differences :neutral_face:

2 Likes