Mail from Laos to Russia

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you are having such a hard time and share in your frustration. When I had this issue I was able to get a quick response and resolution using this link: Contact us

Hope this helps you out and your situation is resolved soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I checked the Postcrossing Postal Monitor. Your country has NO outgoing mail suspensions. That being so, Postcrossing will send a random Russian Federation address when you request an address. What isn’t clear is why Postcrossing “blocked” you?? If you mailed your cards, you did your part.

2 Likes

picture removed by moderator
please don’t make it public to whom you sent cards when the cards are still travelling

1 Like

Maybe the problem is with your Post Office.
If they can’t send to Russia, they should inform it so Postcrossing can block Russian address for Laos users.

I sent 9 cards to Russia and they arrived in timely manner. Only 1 was expired but they still arrived in 70 days

3 Likes

What s considered a normal level? Of expired overall or just to one country?

1 Like

The way I understand it what is normal and what not does depend on how many cards you can have travelling at the same time.

This is to make sure people do actually send their cards and not just ask for addresses and never send a card.

However this unfortunately affects people who do send but for some reason postcards only travel slow or are not registered.

@lao-collectibles just contact the postcrossing team and explain your situation. A link was given to you above. I am sure you can work out something

1 Like

Well, I have a slot of 11 cards travelling at same time and 3 of my cards to Russia are expired. Two recipients haven’t been online for months/weeks and for one card I still have hope. When my last card to Russia expired I drew a new address and got Russia again. This is the first time in the year I’m doing Postcrossing that I feel a little frustrated and honestly I’m a bit scared to get banned soon, too.
I have 3 cards traveling there now, so fingers crossed that they’ll arrive.
Strangely all my tag cards arrive reliably. Also the cards and mail to my dear friend in St. Petersburg never get lost. I like writing cards to Russia and to receive from there but at the moment it’s obviously difficult.

3 Likes

It’s just an automatic safeguard in case a member is choosing to not send some cards at all or in case post from them isn’t travelling as it should. It makes sense that the team would like to investigate the issue. If your country can’t send to Russia they need to note that so you won’t get any Russian addresses in future.

I’m sure you have sent all of these cards and it’s just a problem with the postal route. At the same time, I am sure that there are some members who choose to boycott a country and to whom this block would be justified.

If you explain the situation to the admins they will unblock you.

4 Likes

I think that the PC team checkes the recipients first before they block somebody - and if they see, that these are not active for months you don’t have to fear anything!! We all have expiring postcards - it is just about what @elanlei says… some postcrossers boycott a country in general and that has to be prevented!

3 Likes

You can send your cards through Surface or SAL. As I know, many airlines to Russia are canceled. If you send surface, your card maybe through China by Laos-China railway arrives Russia.

You’re both right and I agree. And what I’ve seen from PC admins so far is that they try the best for each participant and we should trust in them.
It’s good to have the forum where are so many nice people who cheer you up. Thank you very much for that :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

How many of your send cards are travelling to RU?

You already have that answer multiple times in this forum since February 2022.
Send a link to the website of laos post, where they say that they do not deliver to Russia, to the PC staff and they will block russian addresses for you and the other postcrossers from Laos.

1 Like

I’m closing this topic here and we’ll follow up on it via email, as the forum is not the right place for this kind of support requests.

1 Like