✿ LOTTERY ✿ North America Winner of the Month (NA WOTM) ✿ **June 2022**

Please send me the address.

1 Like

Well, it appears that I’m the winner. I put my card into today’s outgoing mail and got 4 in the incoming mail. Thanks to everyone who sent a card. Very exciting!

@breeze2902 @KristinaGisela @twinb99 @uconn

7 Likes

Excellent. Glad you’re happy. It’s nice how the last on has postmark on the front.

My mailbox and I have been very happy this last week, although I haven’t made the time to take pictures until now. Thanks to everyone who sent a card!

@PleiadianDragon What a beautiful, giant-sized postcard of Sequoyah.

@TheHassFamily That looks like a wonderful, scenic train ride.

@sannah82 I grew up spending my summers in northern Wisconsin near the “big lake” but I’ve never been to the north shore.

@SharonMI What a lovely owl. I remember going out to see one that was visiting my area one winter. It was a special treat.

@Arylia Thanks for the wonderful Texas bluebonnets. Next time you try the WOTM lottery, make sure to put your address on the back of the card. Most lotteries and tag games don’t require it, but it’s part of the rules for this game.

@ljbbauer It’s rare that someone actually writes a joke on the card, and that one was perfect. Definitely made me chuckle. Thanks.

@TravelWithMe Oh, I love Ingo Löök’s designs. (I think I relate to them.) Thanks for this fun card and for answering lots of the questions I put in my profile!

@angeli91 Thanks for sending this UNESCO World Heritage site. I was there about 20 years ago and it’s just incredible.

3 Likes

@arylia If you haven’t already, you can send your address to @Hobbittsy via DM so that your name can be included in the drawing for July’s winner of the month :+1::love_letter:

We took care of that already. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hope you enjoyed this month and how do you feel when it prints the postmark on the wrong side? I think it’s awesome.

Yes, I’m enjoying it very much, thanks!

Hmmm, I have mixed feelings about the postmark being on the picture side. I’m not a stamp collector at all so I don’t mind if the stamps are cancelled or not. I enjoy the pictures themselves, and also the writing if it gives me a bit of connection to someone, or an interesting or amusing anecdote, quote, joke, etc.

In the past, I’ve sometimes used postcards in my EFL classrooms for different reasons - the pictures can give discussion topics for conversation or to practice describing things. The writing can be a real-life example of “authentic text” for students to understand, and it often captures their interest more than something from a book.

So if the postmark obscures either the picture or the writing, I don’t like it. So far, the ones on the back haven’t been a big problem, although the one on the Ingo Löök card is a bit dark. They certainly make the cards unique.

1 Like

What is EFL?

Thank you for your cool card from Sweden, @Hobbittsy :slight_smile: It turns out I was the pseudowinner this month :+1:

1 Like

I believe it means English (as a) Foreign Language classes?

1 Like

EFL = English as a Foreign Language (sometimes people also say ESL - English as a Second Language)

2 Likes

One last card arrived on June 30th, just in the nick of time! Thanks, @halflingstory for the sweet fairy.

Stay tuned - I’ll draw a new winner (and decoy) in a few minutes and create a new post for July.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.