Looking for Indian to answer my question

Hi Ming,

The postage for sending a card from India to the outside is Rs 12. The number of stamps might differ as we have stamps with postage of 1,2,5,10,12,15 and many more. Just stick enough stamps that the postage adds to 12 or more.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Manish.

2 Likes

Thank you

@anon71580486 i use 5+5+2x .50+ 4x .25

1 Like

From where do you guys buy the stamps? In my local Post Office there are only stamps of Rs 5, 15 and 50. Where do I buy stamps of denomination like Rs .25, 1, 2, 12 etc?

Has anyone tried and successfully order stamps from India Post : Buy Stamps

How was the experience?

1 Like

Yes, I often buy it form India Post’s online store. The user experience is not good, sometimes you may have to try multiple times to place an order. Once order is placed, they get usually delivered within a week or two by registered/speed post.

2 Likes

@shi_vam , @redteapost , Have you tried ordering postcards from ePost service? I would like to order, but not sure on the number of postcards we receive. It just says Stamp code and Weight but didnt mention on number of cards. Any idea?

Yeah it’s good, arrives in speed post, one recommendation please buy miniature sheet instead of full sheets so you can use variety if stamps

2 Likes

Yeah, for that website ut the worst ,but after that delivery period was 7 days for my last order

1 Like

15rupee stamps

I usually put a 15 Rupee stamp.

@piggiepiggie doesn’t it depend on destination? Or for all 15 rupees stamps is sufficient, also if sending in envelope does it vary ?

For envelope, I need to check at the Post Office, but usually it is 30 Rupees.
For all destinations, without the envelope is 15 Rupees.

Thank you. Yes, i sent few and it was 30.
A card to austria without envelope was 32 rupees. Not sure why, Anyway let me crosscheck next time.

1 Like

Hey, welcome to the community! The yellow 50p postcards can only be sent within India. A different card with Rs. 15 stamp(s) on it can only be posted.

1 Like

Yellow cards are within India. You will have to buy picture Postcards . Here is list of some shops - Online shops (wiki).

Some cards are also available at bigger GPOs, they are generally cheaper than any of the stores listed above. I have contact for Rajkot, who have some nice sets.

1 Like

You will need to buy picture postcards and attach Rs.15 stamps(s) on it.

Hi

The first post card that I sent was to Germany and it was the yellow post card. I put additional stamps on it. And it had reached.

That said, it is meant for sending within India only. Additional stamps not requires.

Other cards require stamps - Rs 6 for within India, Rs 10 for Pakistan, SriLanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, and Rs 15 for the rest of the world

For sending in envelope, the prices are different and higher

Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Safest bet, 15rs for Postcards without envelope
Please do write “BY AIRMAIL” on the postcard

Try the official website of India Post to buy stamps

https://www.epostoffice.gov.in/

1 Like