Kistefos Museum, Jevnaker. July 25, 2021

I would like to share cab fare, if no one can pick up from Hønefoss :slight_smile:

I soo want to participate in this … ! But I just saw the news that although a lot will change on July 5th, Värmland will stay red :frowning_face: So I still can’t say :frowning_face: Hopefully there will be more updates/changes in the near future

I got yes to have Monday 26 July off work, so I can come (travelling home on Monday).

I would also share a cab (unless there are restrictions of how many passengers they can take - like more than 2).

Please let me know if I’ve made any mistakes in the attendance list in the first post.

If there are restrictions on number of passengers in a regular cab, they could drive with a larger cab instead. The large cabs have two fares, one for 1-4 passengers (the same as for a regular cab) and one for 5+ passengers. Just make sure you order the cab early enough, just in case they need to use a larger cab.

It would definitively be nice to walk to/from the meetup. But I might be able to pick up people if needed. Let’s see when we get closer to the meetup.

Rundstykket & I gave up on Värmland for now and just booked a 2-night stay at Scandic Hønefoss.

Happy to share a maxi taxi on Sunday with @pinayodyssey and @marit_la! If no-one can pick us up. :slightly_smiling_face: Someone on Facebook said they would be able to pick up a few people in Hønefoss, but I bet they can’t take 4 passengers. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve booked a room for myself on Scandic Hønefoss Saturday-Monday.

I’ll be taking the train (to Bergen) and will arrive at 13.31.

We’ve booked the buss-for-tog Drammen-Hønefoss on Saturday, arriving 13.23. See you there. Rundstykket wants a beer when we get there, it’s summer vacation after all :grinning:

The good news is that Husfliden in Hønefoss is open until 15:00 on Saturdays. They have a good selection of postcards showing Hønefoss. You’ll have to ask the staff for the postcards though. They had hidden them in a box in a storage room last time I was there.

Thanks for the tip @Norway_girl, I got the feeling we will visit after checking in to the hotel and on the way for a beer/bubbles (if Rundstykket can wait for the beer, or he can find a place :smiley: ). And good that there are postcards of Hønefoss.

By the way @Norway_girl is the train station and bus station a the same place?

No, unfortunately not. The bus station is in a street next to the Scandic Hotel. The train station is 600 meters away from the hotel.

Should be relatively easy to walk to/from the train station.

Thanks. Found out that it’s not a long walk from the train station, but I kind of assumed that the bus station would be at the same place.

@KAS I see you at the hotel then.

It’s possible to take a bus back to Hønefoss after the meetup.
There’s 2 bus stops between Jevnaker skole and Eggemoen. “Bergergrinda” and “Bergermoen”. The bus is supposed to be there at 16:23/16:24.

It’s possible to buy bus tickets in the app called “Innlandstrafikk bilett”.
It’s also possible to buy a ticket by sending a SMS (pay for 2 zones).
https://innlandstrafikk.no/billetter/slik-kjoper-du-billett/

Edit to add:
Since @Baguetta is staying in Jevnaker… The bus will turn in Hønefoss and drive back to Gjøvik, via Jevnaker. After a long break! 18.09/18:10 from Bergermoen/Bergergrinda. (Google maps says it’s 4,4 km (55 minutes of walking) from the museum to the hotel though…)

I think busses for tog will be stopping by the train station? Taking the bus for tog as well. :smile_cat:

Yes, the screenshot shows the railway station!

I’m wondering if anyone will go out for dinner in the evening after the meetup on Sunday in Hønefoss. I would like to come so I don’t have to eat alone that evening.

Absolutely! We’re going to have to find dinner in Hønefoss on Sunday and the more the merrier. :grinning:

1 Like

I guess there will not be a meetup card? Hope they sell at the museum. Would be great to have a card with the Twist😊 Fingers crossed.

They do. B)

Great😃