Just One Line /phrase written on PC you Liked

Pl mention just the one line or a phrase u loved reading in a postcard received by you in recent time after pandameic.

4 Likes

“pray for World Peace”

5 Likes

«You can never be overdressed or overeducated.» (Oscar Wilde).

«Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.» (Herman Cain).

«Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them more.»(Oscar Wilde).

«Only two things are infinite — the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.» (Albert Einstein).

«Life is a series of choices.»

«Life is beautiful. Enjoy the ride.»

«Follow your heart.»

And from latest cards I found

“My hottest parties”

“Let’s go to the mountains - heal the heart with silence”

“mountains are the most beautiful way to get to know your own soul”

9 Likes

@Tatie Thanks for sharing THESE last 3 postcards! :smiley: :upside_down_face:

I especially / SOOOOO MUCH :blue_heart: :green_heart: “Ходімо в гори - лікувати серце тишею” :mountain: :mountain_snow: :sunrise_over_mountains:

May I ask: is this a common (traditional / old?) saying in Ukrainian?

1 Like

My penpal @Mister_O signs his letters “until next stamps” and I love it!

6 Likes

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy.”
~ Jane Marczewski

@Rayloo mailed this to me in a TOO CUTE TAG.

I like it. ALOT!!

5 Likes

Hi, I think it started with war in Ukraine, because at the territory of western Ukraine it’s the safest, there many beautiful mountains, forests , and many foundations making places for heeling Ukrainian people (victims of the war)
One more notice - i was at Carpathian myself this spring, it’s incredible, and yes - it’s amazing to listen birdsongs, do not hear the siren and the arrival of rockets and artillery :pensive:

Developer of this cards becom an ambassador of Carpathian mountains and nature recreation :camping:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsWkd79NY4n/?igsh=MXR1M2pwMHBsaDZwYg==

3 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH for those insights and for sharing so personal… :blue_heart: :green_heart: :mountain: :mountain_snow: :sunrise_over_mountains: :rose: :purple_heart:
[= those last 2 symbols combined as a replacement for a real "CROCUS-"symbol :slightly_smiling_face: ]

Summary

I now see through your explanations on the origins of those postcards how that makes perfect sense… :blue_heart: :green_heart: :purple_heart: :people_hugging:

I hope no one (affected) feels offended by me sharing this personal association I had when reading your explanation: It reminds me of the place “Rivendell” from the film adaptations of J. R. R. Tolkien’s novel “The Lord of the Rings” – where those affected by war/s go (or are brought) to heal…

I SOOO WISH I could make EVERYONE on this planet be SAFE from evil. But sadly I am no magician… :worried:

I can share: I’ve been there, too! :smiley: … once, several years ago and it was (sadly) through a trip of university where we had very little time – we more or less “ran” over the mountain ridges, camped at night and continued marching / “running” over the ridges working on our assigned tasks without being given time to really take all that astonishing, wild nature in…

Unlike you, I haven’t seen it in spring though, so no sign of any crocuses… :confused:

I am glad YOU got to see them in bloom… :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I have helped several people flee in the past and me and my personal environment have been discussing A LOT on what to do … I really WISH I had a :magic_wand: because it often feels so damn small what you can REALLY DO / CHANGE:cry:

Sending you “peaceful mountain hugs”… :blue_heart: :green_heart: :purple_heart: :people_hugging:

That is wonderful and beautiful – I hope that even those cards will have the power to help people receiving them heal at least a tinytiny bit… :blue_heart: :green_heart: :purple_heart: :mountain: :mountain_snow: :sunrise_over_mountains:

My :blue_heart: and good / protective thoughts go out to everyone affected of war/s.

1 Like