July 15, 2023, Washington DC Meetup

I will not be attending this.

Here is an idea for a simple meet-up card. The Postal Museum gives away free postcards (at least they did every other time I was there). It would be easy to print a bunch of simple labels that say ā€œWashington DC Meetupā€¦etcā€ and stick them on the front of the card.

4 Likes

Not a bad idea!

I would love to go to this except itā€™s not a good date for me.
On July 15 a Paranormal investigation company is coming into my Library (my workplace) to investigate a ghost! Yup, the Library could be haunted! (Staff does believe it is). Iā€™m one of the two staff members who will assist the investigation company during their investigation.
Keep me in mind for future dates. I do enjoy the Washington DC area!

1 Like

Please put me down as tentative. I may be traveling at that time. Very interested in WPD meet up as well.
Carla

Hi! I would like to attend for the first portion. I have a work event that afternoon so I wonā€™t be able to do the lunch.
Also, we have had meetups in a conference room at the museum before but Iā€™m not sure if it costs money to reserve or if its even available that day.

Union Station is across the street from the Postal Museum. It is busy and loud in there, but they do have a food court where we can sit if there is no space in the museum.

Iā€™m new to Postcrossing but would love to come on out and make some new friends :blush:

1 Like

I would love to attend this meetup!

1 Like

Zazzle has postcards on sale this week. they have several of the postal museum and various mail postcards. The Postal Museum gives out free postcards, but I donā€™t think it is appropriate for each person to take 50 of them to use at the meetupā€¦

I will likely bring my own postcards to not over do it and can ensure I have extras :slight_smile:

1 Like

I expressed interest, if I could get time off. I did get the day off so I can make it! My husband who is also on postcrossing will attend with me. Iā€™m not sure of his username but I can get him to comment here. This is my first meetup, what do we need to bring?

I think it would be fun to write some postcards at the Meetup! There are some postcards there but I also plan to bring my own along with writing utensils and stickers. There is a stamp shop and a post office at the Postal Museum so you will be able to get a postmark from the museum.

1 Like

Ok cool. I think Iā€™ll make a little stationary kit to bring and grab postcards from my city for everyone.

1 Like

@ChaelaMonstah has hosted numerous events at the Postal Museum, usually for WPD. You might try reaching out to her to get a better understanding of the arrangements she made to reserve the classroom upstairs. Sadly I have another commitment that day, otherwise Iā€™d gladly join you! If that falls through Iā€™ll be there.

These are two of the free cards that I got from the National Postal Museum on my previous visits.

3 Likes

Wow I have never seen those! Thank you for sharing

Iā€™m a bit late to the game (I donā€™t browse the forum very often) but definitely interested!

I will definitely be there. I have ordered some mail-related postcards from zazzle that i will share for 75 cents each. I will bring plenty of other cards for the ā€œshareā€ pile.

I would love to be at this meetup! Thanks for organizing!