VENUE CHANGED! January 14th, 2022 - dinner meetup in Oslo

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Oslo, Norway
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Elias Mat & Sånt
:calendar: DATE: Friday January 14th, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 5pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: signing postcards, chatting, eating

PLEASE NOTE: This meetup will not be as planned, due to the latest round of corona restrictions the concert Silpa and Silpa jr were going to attend has been moved back by one year (!!) and so they are not coming to Norway as planned, unfortunately. The restaurant we were planning to eat at is also closed. This does not mean that we can’t have our meetup, but it won’t be as planned, unfortunately. Hopefully we will be able to host our Finnish friends here some other time. If any locals are still interested in meeting, I have booked a table at Elias Mat & Sånt which is centrally located in Oslo, kitty corner across the street from the former National Gallery. We have the table at 5pm, I will be there then (unless I am reliably informed that no one else is coming :wink:) I will however not be able to move on to Bristol afterwards as I have suggested since I have managed to double book myself (duh).

Hope to see some Postcrossers on Friday after all! You can see Elias’ menu here:Meny - Elias mat & sånt
It’s a very charming place with delicious food, we have had several fun meetups here in the past.

This is a Friday evening/night and hopefully some local Postcrossers will have time to meet up for dinner in honor of two guests from Finland, @Silpa and Silpa junior who will be in town for a concert the following day. We will have dinner, write & sign postcards and chat about all things Postcrossing and whatever comes up. The dinner will be at an Italian restaurant at our guests’ request. For anyone with dietary restrictions that make them usually avoid Italian, this restaurant also has a number of non-pasta/pizza options (meat and fish) and they also offer, for a small extra cost, gluten free pasta in all their pasta dishes. The restaurant is centrally located at Fridtjof Nansen Square.

You can check out their menu here: Italiensk Restaurant Oslo Sentrum — Prima Fila

After dinner we could walk over to Cafe Bristol for hot chocolate if there is any interest.

I will book a table for us so if you are interested in attending, please let me know in this thread.

Attending:
LeishaCamden
KAS
Ryssa
arcticgirl64

Not attending, alas:
Silpa
Silpa junior
ScandinavianTraveler

1 Like

This seems to be the day for long term planning :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Would be happy to join you guys for this.

1 Like

Noted in my calender :slight_smile: Will try my best to make it to Oslo that weekend.

1 Like

I would very much like to come. Put me on the list, please. Oslo is not far from where I live.

Will try to come

Indeed! And it’s also the day for my quoting @KAS !
You guys are so tempting me! A trip to Oslo would be much more financially feasible than Longyearbyen… :blush: And I have been missing the great atmosphere of our wonderful 2018 meetup in Filtvet!
Let’s see if I am able to join you!

1 Like

Hello
If an exchange is possible, I would like to ask for your postcard.
My exchanger Обменник – 612 Bilder | VK

Hey :slight_smile:
I am interested.
Hope to see you
Janine

Count me in! :slight_smile:

Hi, just moved to Oslo, I would love to attend! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

January is hopefully not so bussy at work, so I will join this meetup.

And btw, I can confirm that the gluten-free pasta in this place is absolutely delicious!!

@Silpa, welcome!! I will join both the meeting and the Tix concert, I guess you are going there on Saturday…??

1 Like

Yes, I have tickets to Saturday family consert. I really hope this covid-situation will be better in January!

Hi,

I am going to get an expensive course from January 10-14th where I have to attend from 5-8 p.m. every evening during that period. This means that I unfortunately could not travel to Oslo to participate on this meetup.
I hope that all of you can meet in January and it would be nice if I could get a signed meetupcard :slight_smile:

Lets hope the restrictions are lifted by this meetup.

The restaurant is closed at the moment, due to the restrictions.

Hello all! I’ve had to make changes to this meetup - see initial post for all necessary info - but it is NOT canceled, if there is anyone out there who is interested in meeting. Please let me know whether you are coming or not!

I will be joining you :smiley:
Really looking forward to a meetup again!!

I will still be there! See you at Elias Mat & Sånt :blush:

1 Like

I will still be attending. Have already booked a hotel and are looking forward to a mini-vacation in Oslo :slight_smile:

1 Like