Is there an app for this site?

I just downloaded the Postcrossing forum app ! I didn’t know there was one !

@CoralieR, please read this topic. (To see what you have downloaded.)

1 Like

Oh… Sorry, I’m confused… I mean what is it if it’s not an app ? :no_mouth:

Most likely, it’s the “app” made by Discourse, the software that the forum runs on. I think (though I haven’t looked into it in much detail) that it mostly just works as an easy shortcut to get to the forums through a mobile version of Discourse.

4 Likes

Oh, I see ! Thanks, Nicky !!

1 Like

That’s correct.

1 Like

i would like a postcrossing app! mainly because of the possibility to be notified when one of my postcards arrives or when I get messages! I know that you will be notified via email, but I deactivated this on my smartphone because I get a lot of emails and don’t want to be notified all the time. i wish i could just get notifications from postcrossing!

1 Like

It would be great! But this is not a commercial project. I think this is what stops the development of the application - finance.

1 Like

This has been discussed previously and if I recall correctly this is just too much work to have an app next to the homepage as Paolo and Ana do this in their free time. That is why they have a website that works for mobile use just as well.

7 Likes

Are there any updates on this? I’d love to see the Postcrossing website in a more mobile friendly version.