Is there a country that you only have ONE card from so far?

If you’d like, share that one card you especially treasure, as the only one from a particular country - maybe a country you once visited, or that is on your bucket list? For me, it is this one from Israel - obtained via a swap. It is of the Banias Nature Reserve.

I briefly visited Israel when I was in my late 20s - had fun in the resort town of Eilat, before going on down to Sharm el Sheikh (Egypt) to catch a scuba diving boat.

9 Likes

I’m just starting so most of my countries are just 1 postcard! But the one I would love to get and still haven’t, is by far Switzerland :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: my favourite country (with Germany! But Germany is really active in postcrossing and most of mine come from Germany already :grin: )

4 Likes

I’ve had a few:

In fact there are more than I expected - there are 20 more!

4 Likes

Postcards I received from rare countries that I posted in another topic. Other than that :

Private swaps :
New Zealand

Puerto Rico

Official :

3 Likes

If you have ANY from South Africa, it would probably be worth keeping them for their rarity value: you are unlikely to get any more from here. Our postal service seems finally to have collapsed completely.

2 Likes

My one and only card from Brunei, and yes, I’d love to visit there one day!

3 Likes

Interested in hearing what are the rarest of postcards – that of only one received postcard from a particular nation. Both were received through regular Postcrossing activity.

Glad to receive one from Chile, especially Rapa Nui (Easter Island).

https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/CL-28533

Looking forward to receiving more postcards that represents this nation’s rich archaeological heritage, but this one will suffice for sure.

https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/GR-85479

P.S. @Errol42, I have been fortunate enough to receive two postcards from South Africa.

2 Likes

Hi mezzanine2, that’s good news! Thanks for letting me know. It would be even better if they’re recent ones.

I think there are a few.

Bermuda:

Cyprus:

Denmark:

Estonia:

French Guiana:

French Polynesia:

Greece:

Philippines:

Romania:

I hadn’t realised how many special and “rarer” countries I’d received from. There are still many more to go…

3 Likes

Right now it’s a dozen countries that I have only received one official card from, but I am still just hovering under 200 received.
I always get happy/excited to either send or receive a card from a “rare” country, because the scarcity makes it special.
AND
I always get happy/excited to send or receive a card from one of the “big 3” that I get a lot, because there are some very experienced and brilliant Postcrossers in those countries, and their cards often give me great new ideas for improving my outgoing cards; also when I send to them, I feel like I have a better chance of the card not expiring.
So there are happy thoughts when I draw your address, no matter where you live. :wink:

1 Like

I am so sad to hear that - I hope it turns around for the better!

Iceland. I received the card five years ago, and the sender, @Eirik31, is still an active Postcrosser. According to his profile, he speaks nine languages. This is why we here in America typically speak only one language; the Europeans are hoarding them all.

7 Likes

A lot of postcards that are from more “rare” countries I have only one of, here are a few of those!

Argentina

French Polynesia

Uganda

Togo

Falkland Islands

4 Likes

There are 33 countries from where I have received only one official card. Yemen, Turkmenistan, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia, Mongolia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Jordan, El Salvador…

1 Like

Aland Islands, Greece, South Korea, Luxembourg, Moldova, Norway, Panama, Singapore, Spain and Turkey

My list surprised me! Official postcard wise these are my 1 postcard countries:

• Aland Islands
  • Brazil
  • Croatia
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Indonesia
  • Israel
  • Kazakhstan
  • Macao
  • Mexico
  • Philippines
  • Ukraine

Gordon! I’ve had a card from him too.

From Saint Pierre & Miquelon - one of my favorites!

wtub5cwzsfq6guumecg0npyvo5ipv0o4

Quite a few! For officials those are:

2 Likes

Wow! Some gorgeous cards there. Moldova looks like the “land of fairy tales” - awesome castle! Thanks for sharing these.