Intermediate between Russia and the USA

Greetings to all forum members!
I am faced with a difficult situation, I need to send a postcard from Russia to the USA, but as far as I know, mail is not connected with the USA now. I thought about it and decided to try an intermediary, to whom I will send a postcard in an envelope for the USA and a postcard for the intermediary in gratitude. If you would like to help, please write to me and I will contact you to exchange addresses( •̀ ω •́ )✧

3 Likes

Hi! I think Russia can send to the US, but the US cannot send to Russia. I may be wrong about this but I have been receiving postcards from Russia through Postfun- but have not gotten any addresses to send to Russia.

9 Likes

Hello! I am actually in the us and still receiving cards from Russia- the US can not send to Russia- but Russia can send to the United States. When in doubt check the Postal Monitor.

9 Likes

Thanks for the answer! Now I’m calm

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer! I thought it was the same situation for both sides, but it seems I was wrong

2 Likes

I’m getting postcards from Russia still … just got one yesterday

1 Like

FYI: The same is true for Belarus: they can send to the USA, but the USA Postal System will NOT send to Belarus.

(There was a brief window over the summer when Belarus was reinstated and, as a result, several of us have cards to Belarus that are in some sort of “limbo”.:disappointed:)

Here’s to Peace soon!

4 Likes

Yes, I have a Belarus card in limbo. It’s sad.

1 Like

Russia to USA sends freely. You can also send from the USA, only you need to write Russia in the address (via Germany)

1 Like

@baidalena - could you se translate your post to English, since that’s the forum language? Then everyone can understand what you wrote. If you want to write in Russian or other languages, you can do so in #communities and #meetups.

1 Like

Hello everyone!
I wrote that postcards from Russia to the USA fly perfectly. And the postal service from the USA to Russia is closed.

2 Likes

That is not correct. USA has suspended mail service to Russia. I asked my postman what would happen if I tried to send mail to Russia and he said it would be returned to me as undeliverable is there was a return address otherwise is would go to the dead letter office.

1 Like

But nevertheless, last week we received a postcard from the USA. And it came pretty quickly. They do not send to Russia, but if at the very bottom of the address you attribute through Germany, everything comes through. Just need more stamps. First sent to Germany, and from there to Russia

2 Likes

No offense, but that does not make sense. It is not possible to send any mail from the USA to Russia via Germany, even with extra stamps and writing both country names on the card.
Was this a Postcrossing card you received? Or personal mail? I do not see any Postcrossing card you have registered recently from the US, only Germany. Perhaps this person is in travel mode, or they are in the military and stationed in Germany?

It’s not possible to send official postcrossing card since it’s blocked on the site. But personal mail indeed gets delivered using this trick (not every time though of course, but it’s not a lie :rofl:)

Logistically mail is delivered through third countries anyway

3 Likes

I did not think or say it was a lie, but was saying it did not make sense. I appreciate your explanation and photo.

1 Like

If it works, I will try it, I have a card that were mailed earlier this year to Russia and to Belarus, both appear to be lost. How much extra stamps are on these?

this is not a lie. The postcard was sent in an envelope from a person from the forum. Official postcrossing does not give addresses from Russia

3 Likes

I did not say it was a lie, only said that it does not make sense. I appreciate your reply with more details and photo. I have a postcard to send to Belarus and to Russia, because the cards sent early this year are lost.

If you try, tell me if it worked or not

1 Like