Interesting Post Office

The Supai/Havasupai post office has a special postmark.

6 Likes

15 Likes

I was going to add the post office in Amboy California. I took a motorcycle road trip to Las Vegas many years ago and visited this outpost on Route 66, located in the desert quite literally in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately it is no longer listed on the USPS website, so it looks like it has been closed. :cry:

6 Likes

Bangalore, India: Larsen & Toubro is implementing a project in Bangalore to construct India’s first post office using 3D printing technology. The building, which will cost 30-40% less than conventional buildings, is expected to be completed within a month, with the basic structure expected to be completed in 15 days. The project is expected to help reduce construction costs for post offices and may encourage low-cost housing projects in the future.

4 Likes

Here is a video report covering the same:

3 Likes

:vanuatu:Vanuatu Volcano Post Office :volcano:
:vanuatu:Vanuatu Underwater Post Office :ocean:

:v:t3::grin:

5 Likes

Have you ever seen mobile post office?

It has the mobile post offices in some area of Thailand. But the one of mobile post office that I know and I send some postcard there is the mobile post office in Phetchaburi. (I’m not sure where are another mobile post offices in another area of Thailand.)
Sometimes when I go for monthly work in Phetchaburi, I request an address in Travel Mode and send postcards from this mobile post office.

It opens on weekday only. It parks at Wat Priang (near Phetchaburi Rajabhat University) in the morning (08:30-11:50), and Wat Yang (Ratcha Dumnoen Road) in the afternoon (13:00-15:20).
Closed on Saturday, Sunday and public holiday.

Mobile post offices have their own postmarks with the local postcode. e.g. 76000 is the postcode for Phetchaburi downtown area.

1 Like