Indian Postcrossers šŸ‡®šŸ‡³

I knowā€¦ thatā€™s the equivalent of Ā£0.12 per card. Here in the UK, it is 15x more expensive at Ā£1.85 per card :open_mouth:ā€¦ I shall send lots of cards next time I visit India :+1:

3 Likes

Oh sure, do write as many you wish))
May be we can also arrange a swap))

1 Like

Absolutelyā€¦ it will be closer to Diwali, but Iā€™ll message you when Iā€™m there :+1:

1 Like

Great, diwali our main festival, youā€™ll definitely enjoy here, but do check that around dilwali we have long holiday, so POs will be closed

1 Like

So, I want to send my postcards inside an envelope(like pictured). So I think that this will now be considered to be a letter instead of a postcard?

What will be the postage charges? According to this link, it should be Rs 20(for 20gms) + the Air surcharge(maximum Rs 9). So the total will be Rs 29 at the highest end.

So, if I put stamps of Rs 30, it should reach the destinationā€¦ Right?

1 Like

Yes, 30 rupees postage is enough for an envelope weighing 20gms or less. If you want to send a postcard without an envelope, you can find the rates in this link:

2 Likes

Have cards been making it to China these days? I have four expired cards to China. I see that the people I have sent the cards to have not received cards in a long time, (month plus) so maybe the issue is on the China end. I saw in the postal monitor that India is only sending sea mail to China, but these cards were sent long before that. I send from several different post offices in Mumbai, including the GPO, so I donā€™t think I am having a local issue.

2 Likes

Just FYI, India Post increased International Airmail Postcard postage to ā‚¹15.

3 Likes

Thank you for the info :grinning:

1 Like

Good morning,
I just wanted to share something beautifulā€¦
This beautiful postcard IN-413752 from @bvdev234 was in my mailbox yesterday.

Mailed January 26, 2021 I am totally fascinated. The ways of the postal services are simply unfathomable.
Again, thank you for the beautiful postcard.

4 Likes

@Monika2019 Thanks for sharing :smiley::smiley:

1 Like

@redteapost
Any idea how much is India Post airmail rate for international letters (in envelopes)?

@NatM
If youā€™re still looking for postcards on Indian theme, may have a look at dreamzcards

1 Like

@bvdev234 You can find the new rates under the ā€˜Tariffā€™ tab:

2 Likes

@redteapost
Thanks much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hey! Can i know whats the procedure of sending postcards. When i went to post office, they asked me to put the postcard in an envelope and stick the stamp worth of Rs. 40. Is it a new change in postage??

1 Like

@nihal1289 You can send the postcard as is, no need to put it in an envelope. ā‚¹15 postage is enough to send to any international destination via airmail.

Hi guysā€¦ I am Sidā€¦ from Mangaloreā€¦

I have put a request for a new India x world tagā€¦

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/vote-on-new-tags/25871/244?u=travellersid

Those interested in this tagā€¦ do vote and weā€™ll have a new tag very soon:-)

5 Likes

Can anybody please confirm where we can get best postal stamps in Delhi , INDIA.

The best place would be visit a Philatelic Bureau. As far as I know there are a couple of Philatelic Bureaus in Delhi located in Delhi GPO, Delhi HPO, Sansad Marg HPO, and Krishna Nagar HPO.

2 Likes