Thursday April 29th, 2021 at 6pm

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Oslo/Norway
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Zoom
:calendar: DATE: April 29th, 2021
:alarm_clock: TIME: 6pm
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Chatting about Postcrossing and other things

Hello! We’ll try a meetup in April - but with the restrictions in Oslo currently it’s possible that this will have to be on Zoom again. In which case I hope @marit_la will be able to host us again :smile: It would be wonderful to meet in person! I held off on posting this till we got an update from the authorities, it came today and the current restrictions will be continued for 2 more weeks. So that’s why I picked this date :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Welcome to the April meetup!

Bring your favorite postcards to show off. Or just come and hang out with other Postcrossers. Welcome!

If you’re planning to attend, it’s great if you can let us know in this thread.

There’ll probably be quite a bit of talk about the various future meetups we’re planning, but just so it’s said: anyone is free to come and go whenever they like, it’s not mandatory to stay for the whole meetup. And no problem if you show up late.

@KAS: It’s your job to promote this on Facebook as usual. :smile:

1 Like

I’ll be there, whether it’s online or somewhere physical.

Ser ut til at alle serveringssteder er stengt, med unntak av take-away, t.o.m. 29. april.

I will be there and am promoting away :grinning:

Well, Drammen is opening up again on Monday, with gatherings of up to 10 people allowed and restaurants opening, so if y’all want to travel we could meet up here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Otherwise I’ll see you on Zoom I guess!

That could be an idea (but then a Friday after work or Saturday would be better for me).

@KAS - I’m actually against your idea. This would be the first meetup ever in Drammen, if we go there. And I feel like the first Drammen meetup should be special … ! We should have a meetup card and something fun to do. Not just a regular old meetup. Not the first time :no_mouth: I would love to go to Drammen for a meetup, but let’s plan it for this summer and have time to make a meetup card and what not. :blush: I vote for zoom this time.

I wasn’t actually thinking of an official Drammen meetup, just a temporarily re-located Oslo meetup! :crazy_face: Maybe 2021 will be the year for an official meetup here, though. I’ve been hoping to have one when there’s something happening in town, like Gulskogen gård-dagen or something, but that’s Covid cancelled this year too. :cry:

See you on Zoom :smile:

Oh and not relevant at all re the Oslo meetup on Thursday, but it was just announced that Jordbæreventyret in Sylling is Covid cancelled this year too. Maybe next year we’ll finally have our strawberry festival meetup!

I can set up the zoom meetup, but will have problems getting home to 5 pm, as I got a loooot to do at work (have a job to finish and about 2000 pages to go through).

Great! Is 5:30 OK? Or do we need to push it back to 6? You decide :blush:

To be sure I make it home, 6 pm would work best for me.

Done! :blush:

Zoom invitation will be postet.

I would like to join

The Zoom invitation:

Marit Larsen is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Postcrossing meet-up
Time: Apr 29, 2021 18:00 Oslo

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 539 931 8384
Passcode: April
One tap mobile
+16699006833,5399318384#,*824967# US (San Jose)
+19292056099,5399318384#,*824967# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 539 931 8384
Passcode: 824967
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdUCEDLBTZ

@drellka will be joining us from Siberia! :smiley: