Meetup October 2, 2021 10 am Houston, Texas

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Houston, Texas
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Holiday Inn Houston International Airport, Houston, TX complete address below
:calendar: DATE: October 2, 2021
:alarm_clock: TIME: 10 AM
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: As you enter tell the person at the door you are there for Postcrossing. They will direct you to the space we are to meet.
Holiday Inn
15222 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Houston, TX 77032

Hi all,
I am planning a meetup to occur at the Houston Postcard Show.

Meet-up postcards will be available for you to autograph and send to your friends and yourself.

The show is two days, but the meet-up will be on Saturday.

There will be snacks available but please bring your own drink.

Tell the person at the door you are here for the Postcrossing Meetup. Entry is free for you.

Bring your friends and see what a Postcard Show is all about. email me for more details at ezrestexas@aol.com more information is below. If you wish to receive a postcard from the meetup please email your mailing address to email above or message ezredax on postcrossing.com

I look forward to meeting you there.

Demaris Swint
ezredax

More info.
What are we going to be doing?

• Spend the time getting to know our fellow postcrossers
  • Share our postcrossing experiences/stories
  • Postcard swapping
  • Sign designed postcrossing meet-up cards
  • and of course…write as many cards as we can to send out to the world!

What should I bring? (not mandatory, just some suggestions)

• Pens, markers, stickers, washi tape, decorative stamps etc. (anything you like to write or decorate cards with)
  • list of addresses to send too.
  • Postage stamps (so we can mail as many cards as we can!)
  • Postcards to trade/swap
  • Postcards you would like to send out at this meetup
  • Postcards you want to show off
  • A smartphone/iPad/tablet for connecting to postcrossing.com

The ultimate goal of this meetup is to share our collective joy of postcrossing, to make good, positive, and wholesome connections with another human beings, and to spread that positivity and happiness to our fellow postcrossers across the globe!

4 Likes

Hi Demaris @ezredax ! I’m so happy to know you will be at the fall postcard show! I was hoping to see you at the spring show and was sad you were not there. I will have my friend make an event post on the houston postcrossing page for the meetup and ill contact some people who are not on this forum to see if they are interested in coming as well. Look forward to seeing you in the fall!

HI Amanda,

Sorry to miss the spring show. I was little income at the time and couldn’t spend it on hotels. Things are better now. I look forward to attending the show. I do so miss them.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

1 Like

https://fb.me/e/2k5xRHg5d

We made an event on the Houston Postcrossing Facebook page.

Feel free to share it as well across platforms. :blush:

Great news, but I’m not sure if I’m available that weekend
@ezredax please pm me your address, you were sending me meet up postcards all the time. I have smth to send you too

Oh! So great news! Me and my son we would like to come :blush:

HI Yulia and Mark,

I look forward to meeting you and your son. It will be fun. I am currently deciding on what illustration to put on the front of the meetup postcard. There will be many for you both to take home and mail.

Enjoy the day and stay safe,
Demaris

Sounds like fun, I’m putting it in my calendar now!

I have to go to this! Iv never been to a meet up before, how does this work? Who makes the specific card for the meet up and how do we get copies!?

Hi Tricia,

You need only bring your own drink, a pen or rubber stamp you use for your autograph and yourself. If you have some addresses to send to bring those as well.

I am providing the meetup postcards for you to autograph. There will also be some postcards for trade.

As you enter the hotel let them know you are going to the postcard show. As you enter the show let them know you are there for the postcrossing meetup. Someone will direct you to where I am.

I look forward to meeting you.
Demaris

Hi everyone attending this meet-up! Could you please show me the meet-up postcards for the event? Thanks in advance!

Hi, Sorry I am still waiting for it to be delivered. Supposed to be Tomorrow. However, I will not be online for the next few days.

I hope to see you at the meetup,
Demaris

I had so much fun today! Can’t wait to see you at the next postcard show @ezredax! Thank you so much for organizing it and being so awesome!

HI Amanda,

I am so happy you were able to attend and find some postcards as well. I am planning for next March, just no details as yet.

Take care,
Demaris

Hello Demaris!
Thank you so much for your metingcard! I 'm alway’s happy with your cards!
All the best for you and all yours,

Ineke

Can you please show what the card looked like? :slight_smile: And is it still available for swap?

HI Please send your mailing address I will be happy to send you a meetup postcard. Unfortunately, there are no Houston meetup postcards left.

I can send you one from Chester, Virginia if you are interested. send me your mailing address.

I can not scan the postcards.

Enjoy the day!
Demaris

@ezredax
Are you going to be at the March postcard show? And make a post for a meetup? Can’t wait to go and spend my whole time looking at your cards again!

Hi,

I will be posting a meetup soon for Houston and Plano. Also, maybe in Austin, depends on the postcard club there.

Thanks for asking. I had lots of fun, despite my face, which has healed for the most part.

Enjoy the day and happy holidays,
Demaris

1 Like

Thank you for sending the team a postcard from this meeting! We hope you had a nice time, and appreciate you thinking of us in your get-together! :slight_smile: