In English — Visitor's Corner

Hi anyone be able to help me please? I’ve got this book (?) of Moomin stamps, says 5kpl st on them, (see pics)

Any one know the MAXIMUM limit as to waht they cna be used for, if they are still valid that is! Thanks…

Ed

1 Like

These are so called “forever” stamps, always valid for sending mail up to 20 g or equal amount of postage when combined with other stamps. The globe symbol means they are meant for international mail. At the moment one of those stamps is worth 2,05 €.

2 Likes

Hi I’m looking for a potential host for https://community.postcrossing.com/t/tlf-travelling-lego-figure/25820/99
I’ve even got Finnish stamps for you to use as postage to send him back!
ef1
ef2
You’ll also get some blank mix postcards and some tea bags as a thank you for hosting Larry, who comes to you on a holiday for two weeks, take him to see the sights, send a postcard home if postage allows with stamps sent, and then return Larry home. All I hope at no extra cost to you!

Update: I now have TWO hosts. Thank you all… :slight_smile:

Ed

Hi,

I am Marleen, a dutch woman, 35 y.o. who lives in Norway. I have no partner or children.
I would like to get in touch with someone in Finland, a penpal, to write letters and cards with.

I speak dutch, english, norwegian and a little Finnish (I am learning Finnish at Duolingo).
I love nature, I like to cook, I have three cats, I like to be creative, I have two companies. I am curious and eager to learn. I really enjoy learning the Finnish language and learning more about Finland.

Suomi on kaunis maa. (Finland is a beautiful country, right?) :grin:

I am looking for someone who really likes it and want this, and wants to maintain active contact. Who wants to send mail several times a year.

I look forward to meeting you and getting to know you better in the letters and cards.

Have a nice day.
Greetings, Marleen

sent you PM

1 Like

Hello Finnish people, I am looking for one or two participants for my Ukraine Project:

These Finnish sunflower stamps are so beautifully designed that I want to make use of them.

1 Like

Hi fellow postcrossers !

I’m from France.
I plan a trip to Finland soon, probably around december so I’m geeting interested with this country and it’s beautiful nature :slight_smile: So I’m looking for a penpal to share and discuss about our both countries. I don’t know finnish at all but I’m willing to learn some useful everyday words :wink:
I can write english, french, chinese and a bit of norwegian.
I’m a crafty person and love drawing, i’m a bit nerdy as well but love traveling and I’m curious. I visited many countries and I’m still eager to visit more. I love to discover nature and beautiful sceneries. I prefer long term penpals who can leads to real friendships, I like to write letters and postcards more than messaging.
If it speaks to you, do not hesitate to PM me :wink:

Sincerely.

Hyatt-chan

Hello, greetings from Japan,

I am a female in age 40s and I am looking for postal pals in Finland, any age, who can send me any postcards each time, preferably in an envelope. If you could also include a small magazine, newspaper, supermarket advertising clippings, that would be wonderful. Basically anything from your country would be welcomed.

In return, instead of a postcard, I would like to send you nice sticker sheets from Japan each time with a short note in an envelope. My hobby is making handmade carved stamps, so I can send you my works in an envelope too, if you like.

Please message me if you are interested to be my postal pals :slight_smile:

Edit :
Still looking for postal pals.

Hello, I sent a registered mail with postcard and a tea bag in it and the clerk asks me to fill in a CN22 form.
I am not sure whether tea bags are allowed to enter Finland. Would it be able to pass through the border since the CN22 has already been sticked on the mail and sent out.

I have received tea outside of EU. I didn’t find information if it’s totally ok.

Maybe problem can be if this is stopped at the customs. Is there your name?
It can happen the receiver must clear it, which is not a big thing if they know who sent it and what is inside. But if not, then it might be returned to you.

I have signed on it already. The thing I concern is that I heard that EU does not allow vegetable product import from non-EU country, I do think tea bags belong to them. As I know registered item must go through custom before entering Finland from non-EU countries, I wonder whether they will remove the tea bag from the envelope or just demolish the entire item if the tea bag is not allowed for import.
Hope that won’t happen.

Hi,
Kindly check this www-page: Tampereen ratikka joulukortti - Raijami
There are several tram cards from Tampere. If You like any of these or they suit to Your purpose You can order them directly from Raija (or if needed I can also help You).

1 Like

Hi @AnnekKi

Thank you so much for the info. Message sent for you :slight_smile:

Hi, I have now 2 different kind of illustrated postcards from Tampere-tram from Raijami. Kindly send me Your address and I’ll send cards to You.
Have a nice day!
Anne

1 Like

@AnnekKi

Thank you! Message sent :slight_smile:

Hi there! Greetings from Berlin, Germany.
I’ve been learning Suomi on Duolingo for some time but I’m not sure it’s the considerable amount of knowledge to have a real penpal conversation in this wonderful language. Still, I’m in love with Finland and its wonderful nature and traditions.
If anyone from Finland would like to be my penpal (first in English and then we’ll see if I master more Suomi), I would be really happy.
I’m 31 y.o. and am into postcrossing, writing letters, analog photography, programming and art in general.

Please write me a message if you are interested.

Best wishes,
Alina

Hello to everybody :slight_smile:
I really like the 2022 the Europa Finnish stamps
FI-22-2
FI-22-1

and I was wondering if anyone would like to swap a card with me using one of these stamps

I can offer view cards of several Italian places (Genoa, town of Liguria, Venice, Ravenna, the Alps… ), Unesco sites, watercolor, meetup cards, GF Italy, women in science…
And I can buy at ost office most stamps of the last few years :slight_smile:

Thank you!
Irene

1 Like

Hello @Iside82, have you find someone to help you with these stamps? If not I can help :slightly_smiling_face:

Hei!
In August I will be visiting Helsinki for one day only!
What activities do you recommend doing? Is there a post museum?
What typical food can I eat?
Is it true you eat a hot dog from a sugar doughnut, and if so, where is the best place to get one?
How do I post items (post office or post box) and where can I buy stamps?
Thanks on advance!!

Hi @JustJo, tervetuloa Helsinkiin! :finland: :hugs: Unfortunately, the only post museum I know of is in Tampere, not in Helsinki. :frowning: :postbox:

A quick summary to your questions:
  • Posting You can post postcards in orange street post boxes marked with the white text POSTI, at post office counters at supermarkets or at the main post office in Helsinki (Elielinaukio 2 F, near the central railway station, behind the Czech restaurant Vltava). The main post office has a special cancellation postbox (Helsinki cancellation) in a corner of the post office inside (by the wall which says Drop-off). There’s another special cancellation postbox near the statue Havis Amanda (Havis Amanda cancellation) by the Market Square, but beware there are two postboxes near the statue and only one of them offers this special cancellation.

• Stamps You can buy stamps pretty much everywhere at kiosks, bookstores, post office counters at supermarkets, but I’d strongly recommend the main post office (open Mon-Fri 8.00-20.00, Sat-Sun 10.00-18.00). They have most variety there and also knowledge of stamps. I am afraid that kiosks, bookstores etc. may try to offer you only international priority stamps which are more expensive than domestic stamps. With one domestic stamp (marked with the map of Finland) you can mail a postcard anywhere in the world in the economy class (write economy on the card if you use domestic stamps).

• To do Take a stroll in the Market Square where you can buy Finnish delicacies and souvenirs and maybe visit the orthodox Uspenski Cathedral nearby. Or enjoy Allas Sea Pool, a sea spa with saunas. I also recommend visiting the Senat Square with the iconic Helsinki Cathedral or if you happen to be in the city centre, the central library Oodi.

• To eat At the Market Square you can try fried vendaces, salmon soup or sautéed reindeer. And wrap your lunch up with a pancake or a cinnamon bun. I am not sure what you mean by hot dog with sugar dough, maybe you confuse it with meat pie called lörtsy? The traditional lörtsy has mince meat filling, but vegetarian option as well as sweet options (apple, blueberry, raspberry jam, vanilla curd) are available too. You should be able to buy these too at the Market Square.

2 Likes