I’m new and lost

Hi, how do I request an official address? I’m not sure what that means lol

Hi @e_mello_823 , in the official Postcrossing website (not the forum), to send and receive postcards there. I just saw that indeed you have already sent and received a few :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m confused and can’t find the spot where to put my question down.
When I started Postcrossing I pointed out to get and send postcard ALL OVER THE WORLD.
I want to change that into Europe only. But where can I do that?
Please he,kp me out

2 Likes

Hi Helen,
it is not possible to send postcards to Europe only.
Postcrossing will always provide you with worldwide addresses.
The thing you can choose is, whether you want to send and receive postcards within your own country as well.

4 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m new here…I’m a little but lose… I hope lear more and be more participate. Thabks for your pacient :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Laura,
Sorry to hear you are lost. I’ve been a member since Dec. 2020 and I still feel Lost! There is a tab on the forum that says HELP. You can get your questions answered there.

Also, you can ask post crossers questions by language.

1. Click HOME
  2. Click FORUM
  3. Click Languages and Geographical communities
    Then select Spanish. Everyone is helpful.

For fun things to do while waiting weeks is Games and Lotteries. It is on the FORUM tab.
You can find lotteries. Not much for you to do but add your name for a chance at a free postcard.
There are other games you can try.

For a quick way to go to categories

1. Click on the three lines next to your picture. I think it is called :hamburger or hotdogs. Sorry I can’t remember the exact name.
    So click on the hamburger/hotdog, you’ll see the categories.

Many people have been here longer and probably know more. So try going to HELP first.

Hope this helps!
~Maria

4 Likes

I can’t seem to find where to click to start a new topic - wanting to write one in the general thread but can’t find the option. I’m not new to message forums lol so this is odd I can’t locate it, even in the how to navigate the forum page.

Help!

Thanks so much,
Anne (AnneFaye)

Welcome to the forum, @AnneFaye!

You can’t find how to create a new topic because you are too new at the moment :slight_smile: Spend some time here, read some threads and then your Trust Level on the forum will rise and you will be able to do more things.

2 Likes

Okay, that makes sense! I’ve been a member of Postcrossing for many years, but new to the forum so, I can live with that, ha ha.

Thanks so much,
Anne

3 Likes

I moved this thread to the help section, as it makes more sense to ask for help there. And if others wonder about the same, they’re probably more likely to see the questions and answers there.

4 Likes

Welcome Laura, Don’t be shy asking questions, people are pretty friendly & helpful here & participating on the Forum is a lot of fun.!

Thank you so much!! You are so great! :blush::two_hearts:

There is one topic where new stamp releases of 2021 are announced (I think I saw those there)
And there is a topic where we all share what we acquired for postcrossing (stamps, postcards, stickers, everything) you’re welcome to share there your pictures :wink:

And welcome to the forum :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 答疑解惑互助专区/ Questions and Answers

Thanks for your explanation, but I do not understand what I have to do next to enjoy being on the forum. I understand that there are nice thins to enjoy. I’m gonna give it a change, but when you here someone yelling: “Help”. Hello, it’s me your looking for! ( Lionel Richie)

1 Like

You can go in so many different directions- just choose something that sounds like fun and try it! Most of them have instructions at the very top of the thread so read them first. And you can scroll down and read how other people are participating, which should give you more guidance. If you make a mistake, don’t worry! People are forgiving here and we’ve all been new at some point in the past!

It really depends / is linked to your interests. If you like to talk in your mother tongue, head over to the #communities and see what people organise there (the language subforums are all different. Some are frequent posters, others are not).

If you like to send / receive more cards look into #games-activities or #trades-requests-offers

As I have read that you like to being creative, you might want to have a look here: DIRECTORY Handmade Cards & Mail Art
It lists all (or most) topics about handmade cards / mail art through all the different categories.

1 Like

Welcome @AsterArt :slightly_smiling_face:

As @Cassiopheia already mentioned you can talk in your mother tongue in the #communities
Because there is no Belgium one people from your country are often active in #communities:dutch .
They have there a lot of talk topics, RRs and tags.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [FRAGEN und ANTWORTEN] und [HILFE]