How much do you pay in average for a Postcard?

I think you meant 0.14 USD or 0.11 Euro.

1 Like

oh god
I cant believe I made such a huge mistake :cold_face:
Have fixed it
Thank you for pointing it out

1 Like

My limit is 1 euro for a postcard, I donā€™t want to pay more for one card because that makes this hobby way too expensive, especially since stamps are more expensive in Belgium every year.
I print my own designs and that is about 20 cents per card, very good quality postcards.

2 Likes

0.5yuan on postcard and ten yuan on the stamp
but the stamp is actually worth five yuan lol

I always try to mix my purchases, so that on average a card is about 0.50 ā‚¬

Tourist cards are the cheapest, beginning at 0,33 ā‚¬ (regular, not on sale) and ranging up to ~ 1,20 ā‚¬ per card. Itā€™s very cheap to buy postcard calendars in February, when they are greatly discounted (just recently lots of German postcrossers bought like tons of calendarsā€¦ each with 53 cards at around 1-2 ā‚¬ / calendar - insanely cheap). But I also like to buy from local artists or special material cards every now and then or other more expensive cards like Tausendschƶn etc. But I havenā€™t done since the pandemic started. I mostly buy those locally.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just started postcrossing and am struggling to find interesting postcards here in france. The local shops have the same five tourist cards for about 2 euros. At that price Iā€™m thinking I could probably get my own designs made professionally, anyone know an online place for that? French post charge the same 1.50 euros to post a card anywhere in the world so that makes that bit easy to manage

Iā€™ve been buying postcards from a postcard printing service nearby. Box consists of 20 postcards each. A postcard range of $0.27 incl tax. There are different varieties of postcard designs available in the store. I choose tourist cards and travel cards most of the time.

How does the postcard printing service work? Are there images to select from like Zazzle.com has?

For me, it is 20.00 - 30.00 LKR (0,09 - 0,13 ā‚¬) per postcard. I am from Sri Lanka.

Iā€™m paying between .30 and .60 usually (USD) for tourist-type postcards. Except I paid more like $3 for some super fun 3D postcards that I save to send to little kids.

1 Like

Iā€™m located in the USA and my cheapest postcards are in boxes of 100 from Amazon that amount to around 0.13 USD each. When I travel, postcards are often around $1 to $2 each but it can go up to around $3 each for more unique postcards or when purchased from small businesses. I try not to buy postcards for more than $3 each.

2 Likes

In Malaysia a postcard is usually around RM2. (50 US cts). Sometimes if you buy it online, you can get some for like 60 sen (15 cts).

Not just that, the postage fee for postcards in Malaysia is extremely affordable too, at 90 sen for all international destinations. I feel lucky to be postcrossing from Malaysia X)

1 Like

It varies. Most tourist postcards cost about 60 cents. Special postcards can cost up to 2 ā‚¬.

1 Like

Local tourist cards here in Florida are 25Ā¢ each, or 5/$1. Iā€™d be willing to pay as much as $1 each as a splurge for a handful; Iā€™d send those to someone with just the right profile which really ā€œclickedā€ for me.

I usually pay somewhere between 30 and 50 cents for local postcards. I live near a major tourist town so I can get them pretty cheap. I usually buy 5 or 10 at a time depending on the deal. I use these most often for my official postcrossing cards.

For pen pals, friends and special occasions, I get them from my favorite online postcard shop and they cost 99 cents per card. These are very nice ones, so I only buy a handful at a time.

$1 is usually the max I am willing to pay for a single postcard unless it is really special.

The best bargain Iā€™ve gotten so far for postcards was 30 for 75 cents at a local thrift store. :slight_smile: They were all local cards, blank and in great condition. Score!!

1 Like

I pay 1.30-1.95ā‚¬ per postcard.

Iā€™m not very often in Cologne in Der Postkartenladen where I can get postcards for 1-1.10ā‚¬. But when I buy more than 10, I always get 1 postcard for free. So normally I buy postcards for 30-50ā‚¬ (thatā€™s also 30-50 postcards depending on the price) and I get 5-6 postcards for free.

In other places postcards costs mostly 1.50-1.95ā‚¬ in Cologne. But it can be up to 2.50ā‚¬ depending of the brand and sometimes if the paper recycled or cardboard or wood or whatever.

Fun fact: Edition Tausendschƶn postcards in Cologne costs 1.50ā‚¬ per postcard.
Since our little stationery shop in the village also sell them since April this year, I can get them for 1.30ā‚¬ if Postcrosser ask for them.
Finally I donā€™t need to drive to Cologne to buy them.

I bought some postcards in bulk for about .10 USD. I have found some for .02 USD. The most Iā€™ve ever been willing to spend on postcards was 5 USD each because they were screen printed by a local artist.

Recently I went digging around in the cupboards at work and found selections of postcards weā€™d had printed 5-10 years ago that had never got used - so those were free!

I also bought 120 vintage cards off of eBay for Ā£5, so thatā€™s 0.04 GBP/0.05 EURO per card

Iā€™ve also bought single cards in shops for around 0.5 GBP each/0.55 EURO

I buy most of the Time ordinary Tourist Post Cards and pay 0,60ā‚¬ - 1,20ā‚¬ in Tourist Shops or Bookstores.

hello,
Iā€™m lucky enough to have my postcards printed and also sell them on etsy, so I have a lot of them and itā€™s easier. In France, tourist cards are often ā‚¬0.5 because they are printed in large numbers.
I m new here !

1 Like