How much do you pay in average for a Postcard?

Im very much curious how much do you pay for postcards in average? I just bought 3 boxes with 109 theme cards from ach for 10-16 Euro. That sounds like a good price to me? But I also bought some for 85cent each. What do you spend on average at your place?

2 Likes

In Lebanon, cards can vary from 50 cents to US$2. That depends on the design and size.
Touristic cards are the cheapest. Specially designed cards go for much higher.

3 Likes

Well, there’s no general answer to this question.

Over the last weeks I bought:

• 3 postcard books (20 cards each) for around 12 €
  • 15 postcards of orchids for 1 €
  • one Harenberg postcard calendar (53 cards) for 8 €
  • one Harenberg postcard calendar (53 cards) for 4 €
  • 6 postcards of Frida Kahlo for 5 €
4 Likes

I’ve been buying Postcard boxes from Amazon. They’ve ranged from $0.124USD per card to $1.9875USD per card. The most I’ve spent on a card was from an Etsy shop at $7.035USD (including shipping) for a handmade card from an artist who has worked with Disney, Marvel, and DreamWorks.

3 Likes

Our local shops sell the local tourist cards for $0.27 incl tax.
But I am willing to pay up to $1 for artist’s cards from Etsy etc.

3 Likes

Very cheap!

It’s very difficult in France to find interesting French cards for less than 2 euros each.
If you are lucky enough to live near a tourist spot outside the capital, if it is a small town, you will be able to find between 35ct and 50ct.

6 Likes

My most recent purchase was about 250 assorted postcards (selected by me) from a second-hand (thrift) shop. This cost 18.50 Swiss francs.

I rarely buy new postcards locally as they are usually 2.- or more each. The box sets produced in Switzerland that I have purchased are 39.- for 100 cards and I have bought a few postcard books which mostly come to about 1.- a card.

3 Likes

I spend anything between 1p and £1.50 on a postcard. On average I’d guess 50p a card.

3 Likes

it depends. in dutch shops and webshops the average price is between 0.80euro and 1 euro. some brands costs 1.20 euro. the local tourist cards i buy at the supermarket, they’re all 70cents i believe.
but i buy from polish webshops sometimes and their cards are way cheaper, from 35cents to 65cents.
i also love postcard boxes, so that takes the average way down.

2 Likes

I recently bought a lot of 1000 postcards for $0.15 each. If I want specific topics (Lighthouses, Maps, State Capitols, etc) from my source, I can buy them at $0.25/each

5 Likes

45 to 65 euro cents each.

1 Like

Generally I spend an average of around 1 euro per individual card, but if I buy from Etsy it can quickly go up to 2 or 3 euros per card not counting the shipping costs, I’ve also bought some postcard books before which were both around 12 euros.

2 Likes

There are different types of cards that i purchase , but in average the cost of a card comes up to ₹10 or
0.14USD or 0.11 Euro.

1 Like

In Russia, in online stores, postcards on average cost 15 rubles, which is about 20 cents. Plus, to send a postcard abroad, you need to stick stamps for 58 rubles, which is about 80 cents. In general, a postcard with stamps costs about $ 1. But I have organized my own waste paper collection point and sometimes I come across very interesting copies from the past) I thus found postcards dating from about 1900 to the 1960s, all clean and in good condition)

5 Likes

I’ve spent between 30 cents and $2.50 Canadian including shipping where applicable. Because of lockdown all local tourist-style sources for cards are pretty much closed so I’ve bought almost every card exclusively online.

2 Likes

I usually buy postcards that cost between $0.25 to $1.00 USD per postcard.

But occasionally I can find a great bulk deal for like 10c each…
And then sometimes I will splurge and pay up to $5 for one. (Eek!) :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

I often find great deals online (Taobao) or in physical shops (The Green Party), where postcards can cost as cheap as SGD 0.10 (USD 0.075).

Touristy postcards are a bit pricier, at around SGD 0.50 - SGD 1 (USD 0.37 - USD 0.75).

There are novelty postcards too, those designed by local artists, and these can cost at least SGD 2.50 (USD 1.87).

I usually only get from the first two categories, given the quantity of postcards I send out.

1 Like

I send a intenational postcard (include stamp) always cost $0.5

That is a good price :slight_smile: but it always depends on your cost of living etc.

1 Like

What’s Your Source??