How many cards did you send in your first year of Postcrossing?

I just finished my first year of Postcrossing and alllllmost met my goal of 100 cards sent (98!). I’m curious as to whether this is a high number, low number, or about average. It seems like it must be determined in part by a person’s location (I assume that folks who live in Europe are going to be able to send faster because there are so many post crossers in European countries and have less of a distance to travel than people in say, Australia). Anyway, just curious if people remember the number of cards they sent during their first year.

16 Likes

On the main PC page, I sent around 100 in 12 months. On the forum…I sent over 400 in Dec and Jan combined.

7 Likes

100 cards.
I joined 24 March 2019. My 100th card was registered on 17 March 2020 and my 101th card was registered on 25 March 2020.

4 Likes

I haven’t been in postcrossing for a full year. I’ve sent a lot already though. (On forum and official stuff)

1 Like

186 official postcards ! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

For me it was 125 cards in my first year.

1 Like

When I had my first anniversary in postcrossing, I had both sent and received exactly 200 cards. I recall it well because it felt such a mailstone and an amazing co-incidence.

5 Likes

I started in April 2006. In my first year of postcrossing, I sent 156 cards.

19% Germany
15% USA
11% Netherlands
6% France
4% Portugal

2 Likes

I sent 62. 62 easy going ones.

2 Likes

157 sent on my first year with this account. No idea how it was back in 2008 when I joined for the first time. Surprisingly high number actually, I wasn’t really hurrying up with taking addresses and have some small breaks too, but I guess maybe it was my second year actually I slowed down more.

2 Likes

I started back in April 2017 and sent 193 cards in my first year while I received 179 cards. I guess that the difference comes from the fact that I am a frequent user of Travel mode.

1 Like

160, to my own surprise

1 Like

I only sent 42, as I couldn’t afford any more. The following 1,5 year, I’ve only sent 16, but I’m posting my first since July tomorrow.

2 Likes

About 200, I haven’t checked exactly.

1 Like

37% Finland
13% Germany
11% USA
8% Netherlands
4% UK

1 Like

I sent 129 cards between September 2013 (when I joined) and September 2014. I feel sorry that those drop-down-menus at the bottom of one’s profile which showed how many cards you had sent/received in a certain year had to go after a main site update. To me it was a quicker and a more convenient way to check my sent and received stats than these tabs that were left. :woman_shrugging:
Country division
14 % :de:
12.4 % :netherlands:
11.6 % :us:
8.5 % :belarus:
8.5 % :ru:
7 % :ukraine:
6.8 % :taiwan:
5.4 % :cn:
4.7 % :poland:
Others (0.8-2-3%)
:finland: :belgium: :jp: :austria: :malaysia: :lithuania: :it: :uk: :canada: :czech_republic: :india: :brazil: :hong_kong: :sweden: :mexico: :singapore: :switzerland: :australia:

2 Likes

I started 5 months ago and have sent 87 postcards so far.
I’m hoping to send at least 200 in my first year.

5 Likes

Sent 91 postcards on my first year.

1 Like

I sent 206 postcards in my first year which was between June 2016 and June 2017. Obviously, the post was faster then and during my first year, I was constantly maxing out my allowed slots so I could get more.

1 Like

I just looked - 27 in the first year.

1 Like