How do you store or display your postcards?

8 Likes

Hi, everyone.

I bought a boutique book with a black cover this week. Since I - like many of you I’m sure - love colorful postcards, I completely redesigned the cover, with washi tapes of course.

Now I just have to choose my favorite postcard themes :relaxed:

This is what the newly designed boutique book looks like:

12 Likes

I have about 7500-8000 postcards in folders. In boxes I keep postcards from Russian shops and sets from different cities of Russia. I didn’t count how many postcards in the boxes. :relaxed: :relaxed:

3 Likes

As of now I just have 6 card received … i put it in a simple file… later I think to store it in a album…

Since yesterday I store them in this big box! Before that they were in that small beige box, which now has all the envelopes :smile:

On the top is some dog cards my mom gifted me :love_letter:

And on the “front” side of the beige box is cards from private swaps and tags, and behind just some cards I’ve found from thrift stores that I want to keep to myself.

I want to do the labels again and not by ID but by country names, colour coded or with flags printed and glued to them. But this was a quick solution.

6 Likes

Its awesome! It kinda looks like an amcient spell-tome or the necronomicon! :smiley:

1 Like

Have you gotten any postcards yet? :smiley:

I started very recently to put all my received cards up in the wall above my bed. Since I have very high walls it will take some time to fully fill. But If it does, I’ll probably just expand to the next wall :see_no_evil:

18 Likes

@JuliaDax137 Yes! We’ve sent 24 and received 20! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m very new, so right now I just have a box. Thinking about expanding to an album when this fills, though.

3 Likes

This is excellent. You should add fairy lights to makes them :star2: glow :star2:

2 Likes

I bought this today to store my postcards in.

8 Likes

In order to store postcards of different shapes and sizes, I bought albums of different sizes. :joy:

It looks very good

1 Like

That is such a cool idea.

I stash mine in this beautiful CD rack that I found in a charity shop.

32 Likes

Wow. I would love to see how it looks after you put all the postcards :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I only joined a few days ago, so it’ll be a bit before I receive any. But my plan is to have a small rotating display in this vintage/vintage-looking card holder. I put a few random postcards in there for now, to see if they’d fit in the grooves.

4 Likes

In our corridor there are thin ropes where I hang the new cards. :relaxed:
@Waldblume
@Silberdistel
@reiselustig
…search! :yum::sweat_smile:

And because my kid and I are Potterheads, I installed 2 extra ropes over one of the doors: :sweat_smile:
@Trina3
@einfachich

For “old” cards and pen pal letters I have a box with tabs for every pen pal and for continents.

10 Likes

Hi! I keep my postcards in a box on the shelf. The shelf is located in the kitchen. I bought this box after the new year, on sale, for $2. It is made of thick cardboard, with funny drawings. Now there are about 80 postcards and letters in the box.The box is in a prominent place, and any guest or family member can look at the postcards whenever they want.

7 Likes