How do you store or display your postcards?

I laminate and then store in a little wooden box that looks like a book!

3 Likes

What do you do with your received cards & envelopes, etc? So far I just have mine in a manilla envelope, but Im starting to amass quite a pile. I do enjoy looking through them occasionally. I could never get rid of them. I feel the need to treasure them as others spent their hard earned money and precious time to send them to me.

So I’m wondering what do you do with yours? I would love to see any photos of your stash, albums, collections, favorite cards, etc. Even if you have photos of ideas of what to do that come from searches, I’d love to see those and hear your thoughts.

Let’s share & discuss!

I made a storage box out of a shoe box and decorated it a bit, that’s where my postcards ‘‘sleep’’ and I have 2 hmm how do you name them… they are from Action and it’s like a small wall with clothespins and they can hold about 8 postcards each, once in every few weeks I get some cards from the storage box and put them in there and put the once hanging back in the storage box. And of course I also read them all once in a while.

Take a look in this topic, there are plenty of ideas

2 Likes

Earlier this year, I bought a couple of albums for my cards and sorted them according to series/theme. I have at least one for Tausendchön, another for Lantern Press, and a some others share albums because I still have very little of them. If the card doesn’t fit my collection but I want to keep it for the message, I store it in the “general box” where I sort cards according to the country I received it from. But most of my incoming mail from May onwards are in a temporary pile because I haven’t had time to sort them and I’m also running out of space in my albums

I have over a thousand cards now and my collection grows every month. I don’t think I want to keep buying more albums so I might eventually just keep two big boxes for my collection and for general mail

I keep all the postcards I receive and put them in my journals as a memory and part of the decoration. :blush:

Some examples:

31 Likes

Mine are on a wall near my desk, along with a few photos.

I only have 20 so far, and am starting to wonder what I will do when I get too many more. I’m thinking about stacking them by country of origin. At some point they will have to move to a box. I can’t imagine throwing them away!

14 Likes

Just started making

8 Likes

I decided to sort my postcards by country. I will use photo albums for this. I already have 3 albums: Green for Germany, blue for Russia (I get a lot of postcards from my country) and red for China and India (I divided the album into two parts). I like to see how the postcards of one country are united by themes and style. I will show all 4 U-turns, and I think you will easily understand which country they belong to. Later I plan to make an album for some more countries, from which I have more than 10 postcards, and put the rest in the general album “encyclopedia” alphabetically. I like to sort and classify my postcards, this allows me to see new details or understand the connection between topics.

24 Likes

I have these two boxes.

One for cards I can send. Sorted by categories:

And the other one for received cards. Sorted by countries.

7 Likes

I guess I really like cow postcards :rofl:. Most of my cards are in folders but I wanted this little collection stuck up on the cupboard door in my study!

10 Likes

I organize my postcards in photo storage boxes. Some of the boxes have alphabetical index card dividers. Starting from the top:

■ Two shelving units. The cards in the boxes are my collection, mostly international. The one to the left has boxes for trade cards and those postcards for my online store, though not yet scanned.
■ Middle scan Shows (9) boxes containing my United States Cities postcard collection
■ Bottom Scan (Blue & Black Boxes) these contain my online store inventory identified by subject (“Lighthouses” “Maps” “Courthouses” etc.).

I am always making changes, but I pretty much keep this type of arrangement.

26 Likes

I store my postcsrds in the albums. They are special for postcards with transparent files I can see both sides of the postcard. I buy files occasionally.
I like time to time re-read my received postcards.
One album is International in alphabetical order.
Another one is Russia - I arranged postcards also in alphabetical order for regions.
And have two small albums for my collections: lavenders, kids, lilac, retro, Alice.

6 Likes

I love these little albums! I recently filled one completely and started a new one! :slight_smile: I have so much fun decorating! My current one is Taylor Swift themed :wink:

20 Likes

Found this old postcard display carousel for sale at a thrift mall for $10. I love it! :sparkling_heart:

I keep my favorites here. The rest go in photo storage bins on my shelves. :slightly_smiling_face:

36 Likes

Off topic but I love your plushies!

3 Likes

Haha! Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Except for exceptions, I throw the envelopes after having cut the stamps that I keep preciously.

I keep all the postcards, they are sorted by country in shoeboxes for now. But I would like to invest in photo boxes.

I would have preferred to put everything in photo albums because it is more convenient to leaf through postcards but when you have several hundreds or thousands of postcards it is too expensive. (In case in France photo albums I have seen are expensive)

Can you tell me where you get these? Thanks!

1 Like

I got them on Temu! I looked up a6 size clear plastic album! :slight_smile:

1 Like